Need to launch boat port rowan...

Retriever

Can anyone let me know if the inner bay, if launching from port rowan is clear to test out a new boat this weekend... New to the inner bay and not familiar with ice/hazards in the bay... Thanks!

Based on the photos in the thread concerning the rescue of the canoe guys Friday I sure would not be launching my brand new out of the box boat there on the inner bay. I'd head to Burwell or Bruce based on the chunks of ice floating around there on the inner bay. Stay safe.

Thanks for the advice.... Launched at old cut with new boat... All went well until I ran a ground on a sand bar leaving the channel... As I later learned from a local u must be on plane exit ing and entering that channel... Good to know now. Just hope brand new e tec isn't damaged...

Sorry to hear you hit a "Sandbar" in the Dickinson Cr Channel. Strange because Grangers Dredged that entire channel Last Fall, right out into the Bay and the water is at good level. There is a Newly Created berm on the East side of the channel, which is not marked as of yet and is not visible. Most likely that is what you hit. I will advise the Livery and Post`s Marina to get that Berm marked ASAP!

Last edited:
That sounds about right... My mistake and it wot happen again... I hope... I did have to run my motor for approx 5-10 sec to get unstuck... For those experience boaters will that have done any damage? I have also noticed some rubbing that has occurred where the prop seats onto the prop shaft, apparently this is where the exhaust "rings" seal around the prop... They are rubbed down a bit. Any thoughts for you who are experianxed ?

Yeah I was out Sunday and hit the berm also on the way back in lucky I was on plane and scooted right over it. Not a nice feeling in a brand new boat with 1.8 hours on the meter. Just a little shine to the skeg now.

Thanks guys your right... My heart sank when it happened .... Brand new boat and motor that I've saved up for many years and I really want to start off on the right foot... Once I learn how to shrink my photos I'll post

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks