Search results

1. Rob V

Nanticoke Hoover's launch Saturday the 25th ?

Hoping for one last crack at the cat Saturday morning. Wind forecast sounds reasonable but it's going to be cold tonight and tomorrow morning. Would one night of cold temp's be enough to freeze the channel/launch up enough that I couldn't launch my 18 foot aluminum boat ? I don't want to...
  2. Rob V

Where's the perch ?

I'm having a devil of a time trying to find any numbers of perch this spring. I didn't get out early this spring but have been out 3 or 4 times in the last two months with little success to speak of. I caught a few in the bay (boating channel) before the sanctuary was imposed but haven't found...
  3. Rob V

Off Topic Air Fryers for fish ?

I've read a couple of posts here about air fryers and it seems most people are happy with them. I'm looking for a less messy and hopefully healthier way to cook my fish vs deep frying. Before I take the plunge I was hoping for some real life experience from the pros on this board ! What's...
  4. Rob V

Record small mouth (10.15 LB’er) certified - and video of the catch !

Excellent video/discussion surrounding the record small mouth caught out of Erie recently ! https://oodmag.com/record-bass-confirmed/?fbclid=IwAR1_Mj_a1BZlQsNHdQ4ILgAF9AwBYNxN4Hh7qCwFP4_l6Kl_HaWYNHXyWiE
  5. Rob V

Some nice smallies this fall !

Had a great time with the SM Bass this fall on Erie. Even managed a couple of 6 lber’s - my old berkley scale bounced between 5.9 and 6.2 on a couple of them so I’m calling them both 6 ! (and yes - all fish were released in good shape). Unfortunately all good things must end and the boat’s...
  6. Rob V

VHF marine radio - solid mount. Recommendations ?

Looking too replace my aging VHF radio. I’m not looking for anything overly fancy but the best quality/features for my $’s. The only thing I’m really looking for it to include is an internal GPS. Any recommendations from experienced users/tech’s out there ? If not the specific model perhaps...
  7. Rob V

Nanticoke - Hoover Marina

Anybody know what kind of shape the launch is in at Hoover’s after this weekend’s snow ? Is the yard/launch useable ? Hoping to get out maybe mid week when the temp’s are a bit better and the wind is something less than gale force ! Thanks
  8. Rob V

Fishing Report Nanticoke S.M. fishing ?

Any info out there on how the small mouth fishing has been off nanticoke lately ? Appreciate any updates.
  9. Rob V

Off Topic Dipsey Color ?

So I’m looking to replace a couple of dispel’s I lost recently and haven’t shopped for them in a while. The array of colours available is a bit mind boggling ! So my question : does the color or your Dipsey make much of a difference or is the size and setting more important ? What are...
  10. Rob V

Battery pooched or charger not working correctly ?

I think my deep cycle trolling motor batteries have reached the end of their useful life (they’re 6 years old) and need to be replaced. With that said I would like to make sure my onboard two bank charger is working properly (it’s 10+/- years old too). What’s the easiest way to determine if my...
  11. Rob V

Fishing Report St. Willy’s Feb 8th

Got into some nice action off St Willy’s including several good size fish. Great day to be on the ice.
  12. Rob V

Fishing Report Good day at St Willy’s Tuesday

Good day off St Willy’s today. We didn’t get the wind they were forecasting so the weather was great. Only had to move 3 times and found the edge of a small weed patch that supplied steady action. Came home with 30 decent keepers (plenty of sorting) and this 14” brute. Almost felt bad...
  13. Rob V

Off Topic Parking at St. Williams

Is the parking lot at the bottom of the hill in St. Williams open ? If so, is it still $10 to park there vs $5 at the top of the hill ?
  14. Rob V

Fishing Report November Smallies !

Decided to take advantage of the great weather the last two days and try my hand at some late season SMB in Lake Erie out of Nanticoke. This was a new experience for me and the first day it showed. Only one fish (out of 3 hooked) landed. Today I decided to try and redeem myself and...
  15. Rob V

Fishing Report LPB perching Oct 20

Still lots of perch to be had. WenT to the same spot I hit them two weeks ago and didn’t have to move once. Got a bit choppy later in the morning but the minn Kota spot lock worked perfectly. Good average size and not too much sorting. Took advise from someone on here and tried to work larger...
  16. Rob V

LPB perching Oct 6th - great day!

The bite was definitely on ! Plenty of sorting but the bite was hot for most of the day. Didn’t get started until 11am but took 31 keepers home and easily caught 5 or 6 for everyone I kept. Can’t wait for my next trip out !
  17. Rob V

Off Topic Fall Smallmouth - Lake Erie Advice

I’m a newbie to fall small mouth on lake erie (north shore) and I was hoping for some direction from some of the locals. I’m hoping to fish the turkey point/normandale and surrounding area. Any suggested depths, dates (october vs September or November ?) and baits would really be...
  18. Rob V

Fishing Report June 29th SM Inner Bay

After a disappointing day SM fishing in the wind on Sunday (1 for 3) I had a little time Tuesday so I thought I’d give’er another try. Didn’t get started until 11:15. Thinking I had missed the best part of the day (early morning) I didn’t expect much. To my surprise the small mouth were on...
  19. Rob V

Fishing Report March 30th LPB

It was a little rougher/windier than I would have liked but I got out perching. Took me all day to find a decent school of fish but at least I found them. Plenty of little ones but I brought home 26 nice fish (tossed back at least twice that many). Why is it they’re always in the last place...
  20. Rob V

Off Topic how do you define the “inner bay” of long point ?

I’ve always understood the inner bay to be everything west of a line from turkey point to pottahawk point. Is that correct ?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks