Nanticoke - Hoover Marina

Rob V

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anybody know what kind of shape the launch is in at Hoover’s after this weekend’s snow ? Is the yard/launch useable ? Hoping to get out maybe mid week when the temp’s are a bit better and the wind is something less than gale force ! Thanks

I will check tomorrow on my way home from I'm just around the corner from it

What do you think the chances are that the dock at the ramp will ever be improved so that a solo fisherman can launch a boat without grinding half the paint off the side or gouge the fiberglass? Building the dock inside those rusty steel piles make it almost impossible to get out of there without major dock rash.

All that it would take to fix the problem is a couple of vertical 2X4s attached to the piles then some long horizontal boards so that the boat does not go between the piles and under the dock. If I could launch and haul out with destroying my boat, my launch fees alone would pay for the upgrade.

Does anyone know the owner well enough to make the suggestion?

Slim to non likely be better if dock was built on outside of post

A couple of old tires tossed over those steel posts and a cleat or two on the dock would be a hell of an improvement and they haven't done that in 25 years...

I have been launching there since 1989.The money I have paid to launch over that time would more than pay for replacement of that dock to a floating dock.Nothing has changed since 1989.

What do you think the chances are that the dock at the ramp will ever be improved so that a solo fisherman can launch a boat without grinding half the paint off the side or gouge the fiberglass? Building the dock inside those rusty steel piles make it almost impossible to get out of there without major dock rash.

All that it would take to fix the problem is a couple of vertical 2X4s attached to the piles then some long horizontal boards so that the boat does not go between the piles and under the dock. If I could launch and haul out with destroying my boat, my launch fees alone would pay for the upgrade.

Does anyone know the owner well enough to make the suggestion?
Such a great place to launch isnt it?

Haven't used that launch in years, great place to observe how steel piles and steel corners will gouge gel coat.

Worst place to launch a boat from Long Point east.

I used the ramp one time and when I went to take my boat out my wheels were caught on something under the water so I tried backing in farther and then going ahead and it just wasn't coming out. I ended up putting my truck in 4 wheel drive and giving it shit and it came out but my trailer had a big bend in it about five feet down from the receiver. Had to take it to Chadwicks in Vitorria and he straitened it out and welded 2 plates to it to reinforce it. Hopefully they got whatever was down there out

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks