Search results

1. B

Lost Fishpond Waterproof Sling Bag

Long shot, I'm sure it's gone... I lost a Fishpond sling pack full of flies on upper Big Creek north of Delhi. I'd sure like it back. Bag is pricey and contained lots of my favourite streamers, many tied by a customer at the shop I work at. Case of beer will be provided to anyone who can return...
  2. B

Anyone caught a cat yet?

I booked holidays for next week but haven't seen hair nor hide in two trips. Thought it would be an early year but the weather isn't helping.
  3. B

cat creek/bruce

Anyone have eyes on down at port? Just wondering if its still pure mud after that rain.
  4. B

Minnows

Any minnows around Long Point for purchase?
  5. B

What is your ice breaker?

I am no river rat, and have no love for the ice, so fishing shuts down for me until ice out. What is the first fishing foray that you look forward to in the spring? For me it's ice out pre spawn crappie and bluegills, followed with a couple of pre spawn pike trips, then right into spring cats...
  6. B

Fishing the 15th Annual Charity Bass Tournament...

supporting Raising Hope Children's foundation on Sept. 13, 2015. My 2 yr old son, Benjamin was born with Down Syndrome, faced the odds in NICU at LHSC for a week after birth and had open heart surgery to repair two holes and leaky valve at the tender age of 5 months old. If it were not for the...
  7. B

Kayak launch North Shore

I toured the north Shore last year in the car, stopping in along the way to scout put in points for the yak. Between Normandale Fishers Glen and Ryerse, which one has the creek running in with the concrete pier? That seemed the most friendly but now can't remember which one. Wind seems...
  8. B

Bass Opener Report

Go West Young Man We headed out to St. Clair, fully aware of the forecast and impending weather system. Being the diehards that we are, we launched around 730am, to little fanfare. We were the only ones there, aside from another boat and some kayaks in a Hobie Kayak Series Tournament that had...
  9. B

Road Closures Bass Opener

Follow the link to view the rolling road closure on June 27th. Norfolk, you have lost my tourist money. Will be heading to St Clair this year, along with many other people I know. Ludicrous. http://southcoastmarathon.ca/road-closures/
  10. B

Milestone Day

It took me 11 hours and landing the kayak to fish after dark for an extra hour but I did it. I hit 50 cats yesterday. That's not including the multiple fish I lost including 3 consecutive fish hung in laydowns when I was sitting at 48. Needless to say, it was an amazing yet exhausting day. The...
  11. B

Big Kitty

Here is the 18lber that my buddy put in the boat on Tuesday. We got a 15lber as well. Slow day but big bites...
  12. B

Laker, Brookie or Splake?

13. B

Cats Gone Wild

Fished from 5-930pm. Landed over 30 cats on my own. I lost count... Some fantastic fighting lake run fish just making their way into the river with that rain on Tuesday. Here are the best 5 I could get during good light, brought a number of slobs to the boat after dark as well.
  14. B

Meow

Here are the best 3 from today. Ended with 9 in total between noon and 630. They are still hanging around the mouths, not moving up much yet, though I would imagine by the weekend they will start to frequent their old stomping grounds.
  15. B

Kitty Cats

Hit a local trib yesterday. Water still cold and fairly clear, winter clear I call it. Still really early. Float dipped once but I'm sure the suckers are up. Was using big cut bait so didn't get any incidentals. Looked like good water for trout to start today, but I don't spend much time...
  16. B

ice/water conditions

Are the channels around old cut open yet? How about boat launches? Any icebergs left?
  17. B

Caught a beauty 7lber today

Yes, I caught her. In the back seat of my car, on the side of the 401. We were on the way to the hospital when our little girl decided she couldn't wait any longer to get in to the great outdoors. 911 dispatch walked me through the birth of our second baby on my cell phone, and EMS showed up...
  18. B

Lost Life Jacket

XL Salus Kayak vest, olive green. Lost beside the creek in Port Bruce on Wednesday night. Please contact me if you found it.
  19. B

saw something I've never seen before in the bay

Was fishing shallow water and noticed multiple schools of 50-100 fish each aggressively swimming in a cyclone pattern. They were approx. 10-12 inches in length are were not perch. I tried to motor too them to get a better look but they'd just shoot off and continue the cyclone pattern just out...
  20. B

North Shore help

Looking for a place to launch a kayak along the North Shore within striking distance of some rock piles ie Normandale. Kayak is quite seaworthy so reasonable conditions are not an issue. I want to get out and catch some Smallies in it.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks