Kayak launch North Shore

Bucketsoff

I toured the north Shore last year in the car, stopping in along the way to scout put in points for the yak.
Between Normandale Fishers Glen and Ryerse, which one has the creek running in with the concrete pier? That seemed the most friendly but now can't remember which one.
Wind seems favorable tomorrow want to get out on the big water...

Normandale and Pt Ryerse both have creek mouths but Normandale is a better launch spot. Pt Ryerse has a nice beach to launch from but it's private and I don't know what the landowners are like. I like to troll from Normandale to Turkey Point (to the right) and back again towards Fishers Glen. Water is around 15ft once you get a couple of hundred yards off shore.

A couple of caution notes. Any kind of SW wind over 15 knots will bring whitecaps to the area and it can happen fast. I've seen it go from glass calm to whitecaps in 15 min. Also I would recommend a flag. There is a lot of boat traffic at times and they rent Seadoos in Turkey Point, the operators of which are not always courteous. Oh and another thing. It doesn't happen often but I have seen 2ft or better "rogue" waves come in from freighters usually from the south so just keep an eye out for tem.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. I'm hoping to get out Mon. or Wed. TC

I forgot to mention another nice launch spot. It is in the Lions park by the marina in Pt Rowan. Lots of parking, an easy launch and good fishing. It's not well marked and you wouldn't know it was there if someone didn't tell you. TC

Yeah I'm hoping the light westerly turning southerly winds are going to be ok. Three to four knots on windfinder so I think it will be enjoyable. I probably will avoid going anywhere near TP with the mayhem in the bay this weekend. Tha KS for the tips.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks