Search results

1. C

Fishing Report Stanley july 19

2 man limit best action was in 66' to 69' around the bouy.3.0 - 3.4 best speed. Greasy chicken took all. Many throw backs on the way to 66'. No junk, all eyes. Lost some nice ones at the boat. Dipsy #1 @ 3 setting 120 and 140 back. The crappy part was when I was retrieving the boat, I clipped...
  2. C

Off Topic Boat fenders

Have any members used "Sidewind" brand boat fenders? If so, what was your experience and/or opinion of them?
  3. C

Off Topic Coupler failure

Fired the boat last week for a pre season service and noticed she running warm. Changed the oil and dropped the lower unit to inspect the water pump. Like new, 1 season old. Noticed the "O" ring missing from shaft and probed the upper gear housing for it. Found the lower oil seal needed...
  4. C

Fishing Report Port Stanley Sept.9

Set up in 67' near the buoy then realized neither my daughter nor boy friend had Ont. licenses. lol! So, 2 lines in. managed 1 man limit though had to work for it. Seven or eight boats out there and all cleared out by noon. Quiet on the radio. Great sea conditions though.
  5. C

Off Topic New Enclosure

Dropped the boat off at Converta Boat Monday for a new enclosure. Bert called last night to let me know she is ready for pick up today. He knew I was on a time schedule but, Damn that was fast! Didn't expect it til mid next week. Here are a few pics and a short vid of the outstanding workmanship...
  6. C

Fishing Report Port Stanley

Finally made it out first time this year with my good friend and fish'n buddy Dale. 2 man limit, great conditions and great company! Went 12 for 16. No boe's or animals. South @210, 63' to 65' worked best with Nascar taking ownership on all with dipsy #3, 90-120 and 6-8 color lead. Gave Dale all...
  7. C

Off Topic Lion's Landing

Does any one have contact info for Lion's landing in Port Stanley? Thanks in advance, Mike
  8. C

Off Topic Fuel Price

When I go fishing, I gauge the success of my day by means of, does the retail price of the dressed fillets from my catch exceed the price of the fuel used to catch them. Up until this year (not been fishing yet}, my trips have all been successful. Well now, I just filled the truck and boat with...
  9. C

Off Topic Distress Call

About 6:45ish pm, a distress alarm went off ( same a an Amber Alert ) on the Marine Radio regarding a boat in distress off of Bruce tonight. I was on the west side of Plum Point when it was broadcasted. All I could make out was "red and white... off of Port Bruce" via the Coast Guard. Did any...
  10. C

Fishing Report Port Stanley Aug. 22

Out 160 to 68' dipsey's #3 140 and 150. 1 man limit, went 6 for 9 all with in an hour! Took a cruise to Burwell then spotted something on the radar NE of London. Made it back to Stanley and covered the boat just as the sky let go! 👎Bright side...don't have to wash the truck or boat now.👍👍 Lake...
  11. C

Fishing Report Port Stanley Aug. 20 am.

Got on the water at 7 heading 150 to 65'. 2 dipsy's #3 120 and progressed to 150 as the day went on. Lead core out 9&10 color. Pink panties owned the dipsy's while a multi colored big billed bomber worked the lead core. 2 man limit, lost 6, 1 farm and 1 silver. Couldn't ask for a better lake...
  12. C

Breakfast...Muskoka Style.

Nothing fancy just a whole lot of it and a pot of dark roast with the aroma of a near by camp fire. Pleasantly surprised how well the boat B.B.Q. worked.👍👍 The fish was cooked in an extra virgin oil with garlic, lemon, roasted red peppers and just a hint of mesquite. The potatoes were glazed...
  13. C

Off Topic Bass Pro

Has any one been up to Bass Pro in Vaughn lately? Any inventory or not worth the drive up there. Thanks in advance, Mike
  14. C

Fishing Report Port Stanley Friday AM.

Straight out to 68'. Boat wouldn't go under 3.2 mph. Played with drive angle/tabs and got her to go 2.6-2.9 mph! With in an hour and ten minutes of that, boxed 6 pic's lost 2 at the boat. These two did all the damage.
  15. C

Off Topic Fishing Report...or lack of.

Hearing a lot of great reports from Burwell, Bruce and Glasgow but not much about Stanley. Has she gone quiet or just too far to go for deep water?
  16. C

Fishing Report Port Stanley

Got the big girl out finally after her survey and hit 68'. Tons marked @ 20 - 35' but they didn't like me. Dropped to 45' and boxed 2 eyes. Getting late so went back and saw a young Dad fish'n with his 2 little kids beside the public ramp. Showed them the 2 eyes and their eyes lit up like like...
  17. C

Off Topic Marine Survey

Just had the big girl surveyed for insurance purposes and as far as that goes, for my own personal satisfaction knowing she is safe. She did surprisingly well for her age. Any members have to go this route, who did you choose and most importantly, how intense was the scrutiny?
  18. C

Off Topic Lowrance question

After a trip to Stanley after supper last night, I went back home and grabbed the big girl and put her in for the first time this year. She didn't disappoint me! However, my 1 year old Lowrance Hook2 7" Split Shot HDI did. Powered up fine though shuts down as soon as I give any throttle. Voltage...
  19. C

Off Topic Merry Christmas...eh?

Well, at least Mr. Ford is introducing the lock down the day after Christmas allowing us all to enjoy Christmas with our families. So, here's wishing all 68 members and their families a Merry Christmas! Look out for each other and make the best of the situation.🤞🤞 cheers! Mike
  20. C

Off Topic Cleaning exhaust manifold

Do any of the advanced tech guys out there have any tricks on cleaning out exhaust manifolds on a Mercruise 5L? I winterized the big girl this week and when I drained the port manifold, very little water came out. Probed the discharge hole and found a lot of black slug substance. Starboard side...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks