Off Topic Boat fenders

cmac

Have any members used "Sidewind" brand boat fenders? If so, what was your experience and/or opinion of them?

I have the 5 1/2" x 20" and they seem to work good, the only complaint would be they stain really easy at the boat launch if they get in the water. Hard to get the stains off the white finish.

I purchased 6- 8"X20" May 28/21. This is what they look like after 6 months of exposure to UV. Last Oct., I took the boat to the Muskoka's for a week and one hot day, I pulled a fender for docking and my hand stuck to it. It was melting! Spoke to a rep from Sidewind today and he said chemicals caused it. I assured him no chemicals were ever near the fenders or my boat for that matter. The sun cooked them! I was being very nice throughout the entire conversation as I would really like to know what happened to these. At the end, he insisted it was chemicals and said sorry about your luck buddy. Go talk to the retailer. Have a nice day...really?! Somewhat disappointed. Thinking to myself, if it were chemicals, you wouldn't see the white ring from the fender holder as the chemical would run past that gap. These photos were taken Sunday.
Well, lesson learned. Ya get what ya pay for. Looks like I will be putting Taylor's back on. Not cheap but the best durability on the market and my old ones lasted 17 years... and they won't be white!😉
Thanks for the feed back guys.
20230610_201214.jpg20230610_201840.jpg20230610_201256.jpg20230610_201849.jpg

I purchased 6- 8"X20" May 28/21. This is what they look like after 6 months of exposure to UV. Last Oct., I took the boat to the Muskoka's for a week and one hot day, I pulled a fender for docking and my hand stuck to it. It was melting! Spoke to a rep from Sidewind today and he said chemicals caused it. I assured him no chemicals were ever near the fenders or my boat for that matter. The sun cooked them! I was being very nice throughout the entire conversation as I would really like to know what happened to these. At the end, he insisted it was chemicals and said sorry about your luck buddy. Go talk to the retailer. Have a nice day...really?! Somewhat disappointed. Thinking to myself, if it were chemicals, you wouldn't see the white ring from the fender holder as the chemical would run past that gap. These photos were taken Sunday.
Well, lesson learned. Ya get what ya pay for. Looks like I will be putting Taylor's back on. Not cheap but the best durability on the market and my old ones lasted 17 years... and they won't be white!😉
Thanks for the feed back guys.
View attachment 74530View attachment 74531View attachment 74532View attachment 74533
My boat is keeped on the trailer except for 2 weeks a summer, LOL, and my bumper are stored inside the boat. They definitely don't look as bad as yours. But they still get stained from day use. I like your fender brackets!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks