Search results

1. fish4fun

A place to stay/camp on the D.

Does anyone know of a place where I can launch/overnight at the same place? I have recently purchased a motorhome that easily pulls my boat. I was hoping to drive it down the night before, sleep in it and launch early. Does any know of a marina/campground that offers that service? I would go...
  2. fish4fun

Musky fever

I have been staying at Lakefield camp ground for a holiday with friends and family. Generally we don't get to fish too much on this trip as it is more sight seeing, going through the locks, campfires and playgrounds for the kids. I was able to sneak out twice this after after 6:00pm and...
  3. fish4fun

Start up trollers, good deal found on classified pages.

I have no skin in the game, but @Booyah! has a good opportunity for sale. Perfect for a new to deep water troller. Check it out. Happy trolling.
  4. fish4fun

The elbow

Hi guys, I'm looking for general info on the elbow. In two weeks I will be spending the weekend at friends trailer in turkey point. I troll Port Burwell to Port Stanley, which is all relatively the same depth, and conditions. I believe from looking on my humminbird that the area of the elbow...
  5. fish4fun

Whitefish? Maybe....

I have a question for the whitefish experts. I have been going up to Harris Lake which is connected to the Magnetawan river system, north of Perry Sound, for a number of years, and I am stumped by a section of the lake. It is called big deep bay, and as it suggests, the water goes from approx...
  6. fish4fun

Lake Erie current conditions

the wind has picked up this afternoon.I was hoping to get out tonight. With the weather buoy still not sending info, does anyone have a current wave report? Thanks
  7. fish4fun

Wireless pet fence for camping trip

Has anyone used a wireless pet fence before? I have the underground fence at home, and after an upgrade to the stubborn dog collar, it works great for keeping my 9 month old GSP in the boundaries. We want to take him camping and to be cottage, but being a very active, and I'll admit poorly...
  8. fish4fun

40.2° Water temp at Belle isle.

Any action from The Detroit? My boat will be ready on Saturday for action. What water temperature do you guys target before you make the trip? Can't wait to hit the river.
  9. fish4fun

Trolling plates

It was talked about briefly in the past post about kicker motors, but I'm concidering a trolling plate for my 2015 merc 150 four stroke. I would like to be able to go slower while trolling. I have humminbird I pilot which works well on calm days to slow trolling down to 1.5-1.8 mph , but in a...
  10. fish4fun

Amhic lake/Beaver lake

The family and I heading up to amhic lake tomorrow for 5 days. I have not fished it in 15 years or so. We did ok catching decent lm bass and actually jumbo 12" plus perch. Just curious if anyone has had any recent experience on the lake. It is all part of the magnetawan river system. I have...
  11. fish4fun

Fishing Report Port Bruce August 11

Got out late afternoon today. Lake was ok so headed to the weather buoy by Stanley. Swam out there for an hour with the kids, then lines in. Waves picked up, had to tighten the dispey releases. 6 silver , and one very small walleye that I eneded up having to keep, because it got dragged around...
  12. fish4fun

Bleeding out fish

Until last year, I never even thought about bleeding out my fish I planned to keep for the table. Someone on this board brought it to my attention last year, when i posted a picture of a fish that was not bled out and they commented on its discolouration. Looking back at that picture now vs the...
  13. fish4fun

Fishing Report Port Bruce Aug 1st

Went out Monday morning @ the crack of 9:00 am. Lol. Trolled in my " hot spots " for the last week, in 52-56' due south of Bruce. Very heavy boat traffic , no hits for 1.5 hrs...... I remembered my days of playing backyard football and I heard a voice in my head say "go deep!!". So I listened...
  14. fish4fun

Fishing Report Port Bruce Wednesday morning

launched @NorthErieMarina @'7:00 am, and head due south out to 52'. Put the lines in and dragging lures by 7:30 ish. First hour was slow, 2 silver bass. Wind picked up slightly, and started trolling down hill to the east. Went 4/5 on bows in the next hour and a half. Then died again just as...
  15. fish4fun

Fishing Report Port Bruce July 4th

Launched out of Port Bruce around 5:00 pm, from North Erie Marina. Headed west. Stopped in 42' , put out 3 lines, 2 dispey 's and 1 lead core. Screen was active but no takers. Trolled for about 30 mins and changes locations. Headed deeper and further west. Had to dodge about 4 consecutive rows...
  16. fish4fun

Opening weekend

Enjoy the bay this weekend, and be safe. I am heading north of Parry Sound for a week of fishing and water sports with the family. The weather looks great for everyone. Have fun, and Good luck.
  17. fish4fun

port bruce weather????

Does anyone know what the lake is like? I am getting a few conflicting reports. I am thinking of trying for eyes again tonight, but don't know how rough or calm it is. Environment Canada says half meter or less, wind finder says bigger, most of the wind predicts say nothing bad till over...
  18. fish4fun

Heading to Pt Bruce

I haven't been out to try for walleye in a few weeks, since all the wind. Reports are non exsistant, so I'm going to try . Going to head to 55' and start there . I'll keep you posted. It has to turn on sooner or later!
  19. fish4fun

Any word from Port Glasgow?

Hi guys, has anyone heard of any walleye in or around the port Glasgow area? Maybe have to go further West yet , Erieau maybe?????I have been out 4 times washing lures out of Bruce, with one massive sheep head to show for it. There seems to be some fish( very sparse) on the graph while I'm out...
  20. fish4fun

Port Bruce trolling

I'm heading the lake in 30 mins, looking for walleye again. I don't have high hopes, but I am going to try again ,10 feet shallower than Wednesday night. Looking in the 35' Fow range. I'll report my findings if any. Might take some perch gear along tonight aswell.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks