Fishing Report Port Bruce Aug 1st

fish4fun

Went out Monday morning @ the crack of 9:00 am. Lol. Trolled in my " hot spots " for the last week, in 52-56' due south of Bruce. Very heavy boat traffic , no hits for 1.5 hrs...... I remembered my days of playing backyard football and I heard a voice in my head say "go deep!!". So I listened to that voice and deep I went. We ran out to 63' and angled towoards Burwell. Just me and three fish tugs. No other boats to be seen. Picked up a nice walleye and 3 lb bow, in the first 20 minutes out there. Lost a really good Rainbow that smacked the lead core set back 450'. But the time I got to the pole, it had spooled close to 30' of line off. Fought it in till about 200' then it started jumping and it was gone..... image.jpegHere is the bow that we live released (we have enough in the fridge for now). The walleye was 4.7 lbs. can't seem to upload that pic... One other silver and that was it. Good day once we went deep!

it was great to see you on the ramp the other day.

we picked up a few more eyes yesterday 60+' spoons and harnesses ...........no rainbows.

The big fish monday was 9.3, yesterday was 7.2 with its twin falling to the same watermellon spoon 54/62'

out again tomorrow..........

My next only chance to get back out will be sat am, if the weather is ok.... Which looks questionable at best right now. Long term looks like Monday evening is my best chance. Good luck out there @Uncle Chad .

Back