Heading to Pt Bruce

fish4fun

I haven't been out to try for walleye in a few weeks, since all the wind. Reports are non exsistant, so I'm going to try . Going to head to 55' and start there . I'll keep you posted. It has to turn on sooner or later!

awesome, I'm going to give it a go next week. Seems to be a lot of baitfish around so they should be on their way

After doing a little homework, a full 10 color is 10x10 meters, so 100 meters. That is 328 ' , plus my 30 ' leader. I guess I was only back 360'...... But my line counter called it 385'. So I guess it's off al little. I must not have quiet enough backing on , and it must be throwing the line counter off a little.
Cheers.

I am most likely heading to port bruce (or Burwell) this saturday, and will be trolling walleye and rainbows. It will be my first trip to erie this year.
If anyone is doing the same and willing to share info while on the water (as what worked day before might not be the same tomorrow) please feel free to PM me and i'll give you my cell # or give me a shout on the VHF (hopefully the stereo isnt too loud)

Wayne

View attachment 3421 View attachment 3422 Same fish in both pictures. First one out of Bruce for me this year. 65' , leadcore back 385' on a Redfin blue silver
just curious .....did the fish you caught have any minnows in its stomach??? what size ruffly??(length) A couple years ago we had a rainbow puke up a couple 1.5" minnows in the live well, so we decided to size down lures using little countdown 2.5" rapalas and little cleo spoons and ended up catching 2 walleye on them....All fish had same size minnows in stomach ruffly 1.5-2"

@Puddle Jumper It was late when I got home and cleaned it. I didn't notice any minnows .... But I wasn't looking either.
no big deal....I will be running a variety....to see what the fish want.......will start with: dipsy and 3-4" spoon, leadcore with ripplin redfin, down rigger with a anchovy / herring rig, and lastly inline planner with a small 2" moonshine spoon behind a Booyah flasher rig....then change up every 30 min until something works....I hope

Back