Lake Erie current conditions

fish4fun

the wind has picked up this afternoon.I was hoping to get out tonight. With the weather buoy still not sending info, does anyone have a current wave report? Thanks

I drove down and looked at about 330, it's pretty choppy, not high waves but there's whitecaps. To rough for my wife I know that

I guess I should clarify that was Port Stanley, I assume you were talking Lake Erie, sorry didn't notice title til after pressed send

Last edited:
I drove down to take a look at the lake. And it was only OK. I didn't see anyone else out. Headed back home, will be back in the morning to try again.

Colborne buoy is up....2.4', so double that and add the 7th wave kicker, Sat by noon calling for sw50km winds.

www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=POrt+Bruce+Ontario That is one of the three weather sites I go to. It gives wind direction and strength. Of course after checking all 3 sites I go to, I look to the trees around home to see how much they're moving in the wind. Right now, I'd go. Couple of hours ago, nope. According to that site, the winds will calm tonight and be calm in the morning, but by 9am they'll be at 8 from the sw, and by 1pm sw 18.

Back