Recent content by springerhill

1. springerhill

Off Topic Kicker Size for Erie

If your planning on pickerel fishing I’d be more concerned with going out 10-15 miles with a 16.5’ boat. A kicker is never a bad idea though. For a point of reference for you I have a 9.9hp 2 stroke long shaft mounted on my transom of a starcraft 180 SFM. It will push that boat 5.3mph max.
  2. springerhill

Where to put boat for a week

George at old cut marina could likely find you a spot for a week. He does whatever possible to help people.
  3. springerhill

Port Burwell Marina’s New Slogan???

Haha nope Walking back to boat after parking truck. It was very unexpected. I’ve been launching there for about 10 years or so. Might be my last though.
  4. springerhill

Slow your troll

Before I had a kicker I used to just tilt the motor up. I could slow it down another .2-.3 mph by doing this.
  5. springerhill

Port Burwell Marina’s New Slogan???

The “attendant” at port burwell marina gave me an awesome send off at 6 am this morning. “If you don’t like it, go somewhere else. Ya fucking retard!” Really makes you want to do more business with this company. Guess I shouldn’t have said I have 2 boats and a season pass and that’s why I carry...
  6. springerhill

Off Topic BOAT LAUCH / MARINA GAS PRICES??

Marina shores in LP gas is 109.9
  7. springerhill

Upgrading Boat

Find somewhere to park trailer for season and just haul boat back and forth.
  8. springerhill

Off Topic Kicker

I have a 18’ Starcraft with a 9.9 merc 2 stroke It will push 5.2 mph on reasonably calm day. I wouldn’t want much smaller if any at all.
  9. springerhill

Looking for whole house generator

speedy electric is an authorized dealer of the general brand generators. They travel all over Ontario installing all different sizes of generators. Call them 519-879-6517
  10. springerhill

Off Topic Project Boat

If you need to see how anything goes I have an 89 Starcraft 180 SFM with the live well in the bow. I'm located between aylmer and tillsonburg
  11. springerhill

Off Topic Boat Insurance

My 18' Starcraft super fisherman is $300/yr valued at $8000 My 28' chaparral twin engine cruiser is quoted at $480/year valued at $26,000 Both with State Farm who was just purchased by dejardin
  12. springerhill

Last minute open seat

I know it's last minute but thought I'd offer.... I'm going to be at port Burwell marina at 7:30am to head out for pickerel I'm going out by myself so if someone wants to come along, your more than welcome to join me. I will check this post in morning before I leave to see if anyone responded...
  13. springerhill

Ethanol free gas

Does anyone know what gas stations close to long point are ethanol free?
  14. springerhill

Any ipen seats tuesday

I was out again this morning. Will probably catch a bunch of slack again, ?, but we managed 5 and a nice rainbow. First bow of the year for me. Little windy not bad, north wind so lake wasn’t terrible. About 5 boats out today.
  15. springerhill

Only boat on the water

Headed out Monday night at 6:00 pm out of Burwell. We had the only truck in the parking lot, and never saw another boat all evening. Thought it strange, but anyways, went straight out of port started trolling at 38fow, lost one at the boat at about 52' then lost something heavy at about 54'...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks