Off Topic Project Boat

Puddle Jumper

I just purchased a 1987 Starcraft SS 160

Although vinyl looked newish condition
All the plywood is wrotten and needs replacement. Do to fact it was stored outside with a mooring cover's instead of travel / storage cover.

The front will be turned into a fishing platform and want to install a livewell.
So either have to get a custom tank made or 20190622_185711.jpgmodify the metal base in front of boat.

Also debating on weather to use a rhino or lineX spray on the floor after I replace the plywood .......has anyone tried it ???? Thoughts???? Pros cons ???

Don’t use black. I’ve herd it can get extremely hot on the feet if you happen to be barefoot. Also I have line x in my pick up and it it very hard to keep clean it holds dirt very well. I love my vinyl in my boat wipe up any mess with a rag and hose it out when on shore.

I put an aluminum floor in mine then coated it with box liner then paint over it with color you want works awesome and never rot again. If you have a cell number I can send you some pics of what I did.

So many pros and cons. I have restored 3 boats now. 1st with carpet. Last 2 with vinyl. I've played with the line x idea quite a bit but I just don't think it's a suitable option. As quack smacker mentioned it's kinda rough and holds dirt. But if you do then absolutely paint overtop. I would not recommend carpet. Vinyl is super easy to work with too. And I think it looks super sharp! If you got any questions ask away. I have 2 suppliers for vinyl at amazing prices. Pm me if interested

I'm in the same situarion with an older starcraft. 22' holiday. Floor is mush, boat is solid. Trying to figure out the best way to approach it. I am a metal fabricator, so aluminum was definetly right up my alley. Just debating on if the extra work and expense is worth it versus a few sheets of 3/4" ply. I was going to use a 2 part epoxy to coat the plywood on all sides and edges. Similar to the product for garage floors.

I might take you up on the vinyl idea. That would be nicer to walk on for the wife and kids.

So many pros and cons. I have restored 3 boats now. 1st with carpet. Last 2 with vinyl. I've played with the line x idea quite a bit but I just don't think it's a suitable option. As quack smacker mentioned it's kinda rough and holds dirt. But if you do then absolutely paint overtop. I would not recommend carpet. Vinyl is super easy to work with too. And I think it looks super sharp! If you got any questions ask away. I have 2 suppliers for vinyl at amazing prices. Pm me if interested
Can I get the suppliers for your vinyl. Much appreciated.

Line X is great stuff. Even the Black wont absorb heat and stays cool all day. They will do custom colours if you want. I had the guys at Line X london do the inside of my boat a few years ago and it was the best money I ever spent

Another question

Is there a legal requirement for placement of rear navigation lite?. Or does it not matter ?

I was thinking it would be nice if nav lite was away from riggers as I usually setup before sunrise . So thinking of putting it in center of boat just in front of motor

I am hoping after taking windshield and floor out this weekend I can start planning layout of electrical and plumbing for livewell

Couple more questions

Live wells : has anyone put a live well in bow of boat before .
I used a Coleman cooler in last boat with a bilge pump as recirculation...had to fill with bucket. What or where did you get tank or insert.....for livewell ....may have to get one custom made ???

Line 'X or rhino spray...... will it adhere to plywood

Live well.... You could get a used one. Or again take a coleman cooler, and plumb normal live well lines. A thru hull pump with a thru hull drain, make sure the hull drain is lower than the location of the live well drain. If using a coleman you can make your own lid using plywood and wrap it/paint it same as rest of the boat. Piano hinge to fasten

If you need to see how anything goes I have an 89 Starcraft 180 SFM with the live well in the bow.

I'm located between aylmer and tillsonburg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks