Recent content by captain binny

1. C

Yellow bellies?

Caught 24 keepers out of port Frank's 2 weeks ago. Was dragging spoons for salmonoids and started marking stuff on the bottom. Had a bucket of minnows so I gave it a try. Only about 4 I would call jumbos. I was in 43 ft straight out. Had a young fella with me that reeled in his first fish ever.
  2. C

where to perch?

I took my parents out of Bruce on Wednesday. My big boat is down so we took the parents tinny. We're out from noon until 5 and caught one good size perch and had one more bite. Their aluminum boat has no fish finder so I can't say what the depth was. Based on location I'd bet around 28'. We...
  3. C

Where are the walleyes ?

I looked into the reports on here from last year this time. June 8th they were starting to get fish as far down as Leamington. Like you say it's a lot of gas money to get skunked but someone has to be the first guy to get fish too. I'm planning a trip down that way in a few weeks so if you do go...
  4. C

looking for ideas on how to pull hut on ice

I've been looking into the riding mower option. Stud the tires with tapcon screws and swap the rear drive pulley with a smaller one. You could have a nice little hut puller for 200$. If you look at YouTube videos of ice racing mowers those guys do 30mph and all you do is change some $5 pulleys.
  5. C

looking for ideas on how to pull hut on ice

I've been looking into the riding mower option. Stud the tires with tapcon screws and swap the rear drive pulley with a smaller one. You could have a nice little hut puller for 200$. If you look at YouTube videos of ice racing mowers those guys do 30mph and all you do is change some $5 pulleys.
  6. C

Sunday Port Bruce ????

There will be some good sized rollers left over from today but they should die out by mid day. Take your time getting out there and you'll be fine. See ya out there.
  7. C

First Time for Burrwell Eyes

I'm a relative amateur at this as well but have been having some luck this year. My recommendations would be lead core and willams wobblers. This year I have been running one gold wobbler on 8 colours of lead core every time out. I play around with my other lead core line and my 2 dipsy lines...
  8. C

Lake "O" Newb

I did stumble upon that forum. I didn't see anything as cut and dry as you see on here. It sounds like if I go out and troll spoons around where other people are I will probably hit something. The first "feeling out" trip is always a bit of a crap shoot but I think I should be OK. I was Looking...
  9. C

Lake "O" Newb

Thanks for the responses! I'm really looking for some smoker fodder. I can only fit about 70 yards of backer on my pen 209 reels (led core). I get the feeling any silver over 15 lb would take the lot of it.
  10. C

Lake "O" Newb

I was thinking about Grimsby. If the salmon are staging somewhere late august I would be open to other places.
  11. C

Lake "O" Newb

Hey all! I know this comes up every year but I figured I'd ask any ways. I am looking into taking my boat and all my walleye gear down to the west end of lake O to try for some trout/salmon. I fish 2 led core lines, 2 dipsys and a rigger. Do I just go out and drag spoons around until I find the...
  12. C

Ice conditions?

I just took a look at booth harbor's web cam. If you look out in the back ground you can see some ice pile ups a good ways out. If the weather man is close to right the ice is only going to build from here. Knock wood.
  13. C

Monster at Bluff's Bar

Nice fish. That's a pic to scare the children with. I'm planning on heading out Thursday afternoon. I've only been in the outer bay on pottahawk weekend. Its saying 20 km N/E winds. What will that be like out there? As long as its not white caps I'm OK. can I just troll body baits and spoons...
  14. C

trolling for pre spawn steelies.

I got the impression that by Thursday next week the fish out of Bruce may be gone. That is where I was fishing this summer with some success. If someone boats some fish next weekend I will probably try Bruce again.
  15. C

trolling for pre spawn steelies.

Thanks. You made up my mind. From what I gather if I drag worm harnesses through the shipping channel something will grab it. In theory saint Clair should be calmer if its a little gusty. I won't be going out until mid next week but I'll be sure to post the results.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks