Lake "O" Newb

Hey all!
I know this comes up every year but I figured I'd ask any ways. I am looking into taking my boat and all my walleye gear down to the west end of lake O to try for some trout/salmon. I fish 2 led core lines, 2 dipsys and a rigger. Do I just go out and drag spoons around until I find the fish?
Any one that has made the trip I would love to hear from you.

As a side note I have been out for walleye a few times this year and I have caught 90% of my fish on Williams spoons (colour didn't seem to matter).

Thanks for the responses! I'm really looking for some smoker fodder. I can only fit about 70 yards of backer on my pen 209 reels (led core). I get the feeling any silver over 15 lb would take the lot of it.

we always put in @ hamilton harbour set up @ the mile marker and did a line towards the shell peir can be hot at the mile marker in front of HH. when we got to the apartments around shell peir , there is a trough threw there that runs from 80 to 110 and back up to 80 that is were my dad conqured the sun fishing derby. it was always a good producer for us from july to later august staging for the run.

Try 100-150 fow 40-60 down....flies are starting to work behind dipsy and flashers...use spoons as well on riggers. same depth....some bigger fish is starting to show up this way....

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I did stumble upon that forum. I didn't see anything as cut and dry as you see on here. It sounds like if I go out and troll spoons around where other people are I will probably hit something. The first "feeling out" trip is always a bit of a crap shoot but I think I should be OK. I was Looking at the channel under the bridge leaving Hamilton harbor via Google earth. It looks crazy. There is about 25 boats in the channel at once. Where would you suggest I launch.

I've launched out of fishermans pier under the bridge before ok if the harbour isn't rough or I go down along the south shore 50 point is good or anywhere along there grimby , Jordan harbour or port D

Back