Thames River Walleye’s ON!!

LOL @jeweller!! Yes,I can see the X marking one of your favourite stops. ??? LOL!! Once I get some time,I will delete these negative members from my site,so that they will not see any of my posts again!! I now know who they are from their negative comments.More Fishing posts & spot’s coming up later of my very recent day’s on the Thames River.Tight Lines to All & Walleye’s ON!! ????

Attachments

• B6E54397-237C-4091-9E6D-A728AE320F95.jpeg
    B6E54397-237C-4091-9E6D-A728AE320F95.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
Hence the reason the majority of fishing forums have strict rules against posting specific spots to fish and park. The result is often a dramatic increase in fishing pressure, increased litter, and sometimes access/parking closures due to this increase in activity and irresponsible people who typically follow. I know you guys mean well with helping others, but keep in mind there are usually more lurkers than active members viewing these types of threads specifically lurking forums in search of easy pickings without having to do the legwork themselves.

Many good fishing spots have been ruined because of this....
It’s a NO Brainer @ch312. If there are Vehicles parked along the Highway near the Thames River around the Delaware area including the Komoka Bridge,& the Delaware Conservation Park,(Photo),etc.,this time of year,that means that the Walleye’s are Here!! That has always been the way for as far back as I can remember!! There are a lot of Walleye’s anywhere on the Thames River right now,and Walleye’s ON!! ????

Attachments

• 5CEEB094-A268-4673-AB28-7221E5E5E6F7.jpeg
    5CEEB094-A268-4673-AB28-7221E5E5E6F7.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 34
Not worried about taking anyones spot. Was raised fishing Thames. I know the river fairly well but more Kent Bridge area
I have never fished in the Kent Bridge area,@SonsOfPerchin,but that could be another option for me to try one day.There are just too many spot’s on the Thames River to try with plenty of Walleye’s around,and I was Fishing just West of Dutton last Thursday with some success there.Tight Lines & Good Luck! ????

Attachments

• 39BE1672-0C33-44F4-B147-E63543DFDA8E.jpeg
    39BE1672-0C33-44F4-B147-E63543DFDA8E.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 26
  • B00D0D75-A4F0-49A9-B248-25D482CF706E.jpeg
    B00D0D75-A4F0-49A9-B248-25D482CF706E.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 27
Kent Bridge area is good. It's still deep but starts getting shallow. Just need to find the drop off. If you like walking the Thames you should try area.

Meanwhile on Facebook.

Again, not that big a secret, especially at this time of the year 5 days from the season closing until May. Most people are well aware that for about 2-3 weeks before that March 15th closing date, the walleye are in the general area.

I'll be honest, it doesn't affect me at all and I am not worried about it in the least. It's an area that I'm unlikely to ever fish, I have a pretty good pickerel routine as it is. I'm all for info swapping from time to time but it's my experience than its best done privately and selectively. I just thought I'd point out the fact that there are people data mining everywhere these days, and it's bound to affect angler numbers. I keep quiet for this reason. By all means share on, it's your backyard not mine!

I tried to stay out of this thread but gotta ad my 2 cents. There is nothing wrong with sharing info in rigging, techniques, and how to go about finding fish. When it comes to the Thames, it's a big river so even a very generalized location isn't going to hurt anything. BUT, there is no need to give exact locations. Most spots have room for a handful of anglers to fish effectively. Giving out parking spots and directions may not guarantee anyone fish but the advertising of exact locations will concentrate pressure and ruin people's day. Leave a little work for the lazy guys that just troll for info....

When it comes to reports its all relative. Mentioning eyes are bring caught in the Thames won't harm the population. Giving a generalized depth and tactic for trolling on the big lake won't hurt anyone. Telling guys a direction to head and depth to find perch at is harmless.....on the other hand if I posted specifics about a small stretch of Steelhead water that fish were stacked up in come fall damage would be done. Or if I handed out the co-ordinates of a small pond full of trophy panfish online you can guarantee it would be raped and destroyed.

All I'm saying is use discretion in your reports. Take into account the water body your fishing and have the best interests of the fishery in mind ;) Whether you've personally seen it or not, I have a pile of examples of fisheries being ruined by the net.

BTW....I hit a couple spots on the Thames myself the last couple days and found most fish concentrated near the tail end of large back eddie's. 1/4oz bubble gum twister tails were the ticket. Most fish came very close to shore in the stained water well downstream of London.

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks