Thames River Walleye’s ON!!

I already told my wife if I don't feel any worse than I do right now, I'm going fishin tomorrow......I don't care if it snows, been there done that.

so much for wishful thinking........she told me I could go if I wanted too..........the mind is saying "go fishin".........the body is sayin....."ya right, that ain't happening, get back in bed" :sick::sick::cry:

Red Herring covered it. I am using the same. I park by Komoka Bridge and walk down river. I fish generally morning. I hear evening bite is even better though. From Kitchener so I always do mornings. I will be at my cottage in Burwell this weekend. Probably try evening to change it up. Oh yeah pretty muddy walking when it warms up. I have been wearing waders. Red may run into you yet. Can't miss me . I am a 300lber crashing up and down the river, Lol!

Where is a good place to park around delaware. To hit the thames to do some Walleye fishing guys ....
In london
Red Herring covered it. I am using the same. I park by Komoka Bridge and walk down river. I fish generally morning. I hear evening bite is even better though. From Kitchener so I always do mornings. I will be at my cottage in Burwell this weekend. Probably try evening to change it up. Oh yeah pretty muddy walking when it warms up. I have been wearing waders. Red may run into you yet. Can't miss me . I am a 300lber crashing up and down the river, Lol!
I forsee a full parking lot in the coming days now.

Was out on river yesterday. Forgot my phone so no pics but managed 2 15 Inchers. For a Monday lots of people were there

Hence the reason the majority of fishing forums have strict rules against posting specific spots to fish and park. The result is often a dramatic increase in fishing pressure, increased litter, and sometimes access/parking closures due to this increase in activity and irresponsible people who typically follow. I know you guys mean well with helping others, but keep in mind there are usually more lurkers than active members viewing these types of threads specifically lurking forums in search of easy pickings without having to do the legwork themselves.

Many good fishing spots have been ruined because of this....

Hence the reason the majority of fishing forums have strict rules against posting specific spots to fish and park. The result is often a dramatic increase in fishing pressure, increased litter, and sometimes access/parking closures due to this increase in activity and irresponsible people who typically follow. I know you guys mean well with helping others, but keep in mind there are usually more lurkers than active members viewing these types of threads specifically lurking forums in search of easy pickings without having to do the legwork themselves.

Many good fishing spots have been ruined because of this....
I know your concern @ch312 and I guess that I and others screwed up by sometimes being too Helpful by just trying to Help out other Angler’s here and there on this forum who are just trying to catch a Walleye on the Thames River.I & Hopefully others will be more discreet on handing out Fishing Spots Location Information from now on.Good Luck to All, & Tight Lines & Walleye’s On. ????

Allowed 4 fish with regular license. Only 1 can be over 18"i believe. Myself and friend of mine were in the area as well. Caught 10 kept 6 smaller ones for dinner .
View attachment 7944
Nice Catch @Double D,the Walleye’s are everywhere on the Thames River right now,I went out yesterday a bit further down the Thames River from the Delaware area and did well there.Tight Lines to All,& Walleye’s ON!! ????

Attachments

• 537A24FC-FBCD-4EDF-9C2D-2F51D9C754C4.jpeg
    537A24FC-FBCD-4EDF-9C2D-2F51D9C754C4.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 23
@Double D,I hope to meet up with you somewhere on the river,but lately I haven’t been Fishing the Thames River in the Delaware area,but further down river from there with better success.The Thames River is big with too many places to fish,therefore I like to try many different spots.I hope that your Walleye Fishing has been going well so far.Tight Lines,& Fish ON!! ????

I know your concern @ch312 and I guess that I and others screwed up by sometimes being too Helpful by just trying to Help out other Angler’s here and there on this forum who are just trying to catch a Walleye on the Thames River.I & Hopefully others will be more discreet on handing out Fishing Spots Location Information from now on.Good Luck to All, & Tight Lines & Walleye’s On. ????

Absolutely nothing wrong with being helpful Erich and you always are. We're not talking about sharing someone's secret little honey hole on some secluded trout stream here. We're talking the mighty Thames that runs from Tavistock all the way into LSC 273 km away! Some folks on here even complain about giving out locations on the biggest waterway in the world, the Great Lakes. :rolleyes:

Come on @ch312 and others... relax, after all this is a "fishing forum"... we're all anglers who love to fish so you need to lighten up just a little. I've been fishing for over 50 years and I will share most info with any inexperienced angler hoping for an opportunity at catching some fish. At least in my old fashioned way of thinking that's what this short life is all about... passing it on before I pass away. ;)

ch312....well said!!!! For the guys that can only fish weekends ... well good luck now it will b a Complete zoo...and for the guys that don’t care about running there mouth they can fish thru the week ...or they r just to dumb and haven’t seen what happens when ya spill the beans on exact section on river or lake

I always been a believer in finding your own area to fishing and staying clear of other peoples areas. Helping people be more successful is not a crime. Some spots produce more that others, but dont for get that fish can swim and there not all in one spot lol. It all about how you wiggle the worm lol.

Gentlemen, (and any ladies who may be reading) are we going to start that stupid argument again so early in the year. (My spot and I'm not sharing and nobody else should give out such info either) I have said it many times since I joined this forum, just because someone shares a location, depth, bait, and technique with others does NOT guarantee those they have shared with will have success in the same location, at the same depth, with the same bait, using the same technique. Using myself as the example. I KNOW many spots along the Thames for walleye, partially because of my own searching, but more so because others have shared with me, and in all the years I have fished that damn river, both before I moved out west, and then after I returned to the area 9+ years ago, despite knowing all these spots, that river hates me. I have been with someone at the spot he told me about, and while he caught his limit that day, I got skunked, using the same bait and the same technique. (I can say the same thing about Lake Trout fishing in the NWT. Same place, same bait, same technique. 5 Straight days I got skunked while the other 4 with me caught their limits. On the 6th day however, I got my limit and they all got skunked. THAT'S FISHING.) When it comes to fishing the Thames, I have caught a total of 5 walleye out of that damn river in my life. I have had better luck at the lake. So enough already with the "my spot, don't share spots" BS. GROW UP. The bottom line is this, none of us on this forum own the Thames River, or any of the Great Lakes. The fish are in the water, you know, that wet stuff we throw the bait into. That's where they live. IF they are where you put your bait, and they are hungry or enticed to hit it, they will......if they aren't, they won't, and no amount of sharing of information will change that basic fact of fishing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks