Off Topic Trolling motor batterries

Hey red herring the dekas at proctor are 12 7/8 long by 6 1/ 2 w at the bottom of the battery for the first inch up it is 8 1/2 , high
@Alby Are you referring to the 31 series Deka Marine Batteries that have a measurement of 12 7/8 length by 6 1/2 wide and up to 8 1/2 high? Thanks in advance. ??

Thats at bottom where it sits in the battery tray
Thanks @Alby and that’s what I figured you meant,but I thought that I would double check.That is great news about the measurement of the DC 31 series Deka marine batteries,and that means of course that size will fit in my battery tray.Now the big desicion for me again will be: the Kirkland marine DC 27 series batteries,(which have a very good consumer rating), @$149 + core fee + taxes, D98ADBD5-658E-4388-BF36-183058DC5934.jpeg 3C12C61A-F271-40DF-B185-D4EB06B0780E.jpeg 82664863-FB9A-4DC8-9DDB-3B3B1BC14674.jpeg or the Deka 31 series batteries: 34E7EB2C-9E2C-4F56-BB1C-1C9EB3C7EA08.jpeg FB39225E-7E99-4BE0-8D4F-5675C26B366B.jpeg (this is the Deka series DC 27 rating-photo’s,& not the series DC 31),@ $190 + taxes, & the core fee is already included in the price.5AB8E4D9-DFFA-4335-9B42-B0976A971FD6.jpeg The bottom line for me is this,I am looking for 3 marine batteries that will hold the longest charge for my 101 lb. Thrust 36 volt Minn Kota electric motor,because myself and my wife like to do the odd backcountry,(on a island with no hydro),camping /fishing trip,& sometimes these trips can last up to 10 days.I would like to purchase these batteries,(DC 27 ? or DC 31 ?),into early April,2020. Any other input on my desicion from anyone on which marine battery that I should purchase would be much appreciated & thanks in advance. Tight lines to All!!????:)

Thanks @Alby and that’s what I figured you meant,but I thought that I would double check.That is great news about the measurement of the DC 31 series Deka marine batteries,and that means of course that size will fit in my battery tray.Now the big desicion for me again will be: the Kirkland marine DC 27 series batteries,(which have a very good consumer rating), @$149 + core fee + taxes, View attachment 21586 View attachment 21591 View attachment 21587 or the Deka 31 series batteries: View attachment 21589 View attachment 21590 (this is the Deka series DC 27 rating-photo’s,& not the series DC 31),@ $190 + taxes, & the core fee is already included in the price.View attachment 21588 The bottom line for me is this,I am looking for 3 marine batteries that will hold the longest charge for my 101 lb. Thrust 36 volt Minn Kota electric motor,because myself and my wife like to do the odd backcountry,(on a island with no hydro),camping /fishing trip,& sometimes these trips can last up to 10 days.I would like to purchase these batteries,(DC 27 ? or DC 31 ?),into early April,2020. Any other input on my desicion from anyone on which marine battery that I should purchase would be much appreciated & thanks in advance. Tight lines to All!!????:)
@Red Hering you need a compact Honda generator for those trips, I borrowed my friends on one of my trips and worked great to recharge the boat batteries
I'm going to get one myself as well

Group 31 is going to give you more reserve power. It has more lead. You might want to consider a small generator for that trip. You really don't want to drain the batteries below 50% and leave them there for an extended period.

Here's some info to read while we watch the toilet paper supply dwindles day by day https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/articles/battery-articles/
The Dekkas are rated at a 20 hour capacity at a 5 amp draw.
The Kirklands say 125 amp hours (I can't find a spec sheet on them anywhere)- which would mean a 25-hour capacity at a 5 amp draw. But note, that means the battery is drained. So if you want to keep the batteries in good condition, you have about 12 hours of use at 5 amps. Which is about 10% power. Not sure which motor you have, but most of the minnkota 101 lb thrusts seem to draw 36 amps at full thrust.

Group 31 is going to give you more reserve power. It has more lead. You might want to consider a small generator for that trip. You really don't want to drain the batteries below 50% and leave them there for an extended period.

Here's some info to read while we watch the toilet paper supply dwindles day by day https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/articles/battery-articles/
The Dekkas are rated at a 20 hour capacity at a 5 amp draw.
The Kirklands say 125 amp hours (I can't find a spec sheet on them anywhere)- which would mean a 25-hour capacity at a 5 amp draw. But note, that means the battery is drained. So if you want to keep the batteries in good condition, you have about 12 hours of use at 5 amps. Which is about 10% power. Not sure which motor you have, but most of the minnkota 101 lb thrusts seem to draw 36 amps at full thrust.
Excellent information @spincast and thanks for your time!!??? I will likely go with the Kirkland DC 27 marine batteries now,for I have a coupon for $200 in Costco cash back,and also including the return yesterday of my old 3 Deka marine batteries,($42),from John Zubick Ltd.,(scrap yard). I did have a Honda generator for that reason,(to charge up our 3 marine batteries),when we were backcountry camping,but I sold it,(big mistake),for I was too paranoid to leave it behind on the island,(in case someone would steal it!!),while we were fishing away from the campsite!! There weren’t enough big trees,(lol),on this island to put a chain around the generator and a tree,to prevent someone from stealing the generator!! lol:ROFLMAO:?;) Sooo,the search for another Honda generator begins as well!! Thanks again for your help, ??? & Tight lines & Fish ON!!????:cool:

Good luck red i got a 2 year replacement on batteries thru proctors
Thanks @Alby for your help again,and congratulations on a 2 year replacement warranty on your batteries.It looks like that I am buying the DC 27 series Kirkland marine batteries,and I will see how they will last for me,with the “vigorous” fishing that I do!! ? lol:ROFLMAO: Tight lines my friend & hopefully we will meet somewhere on the water one day!! ? ?????:cool:

@Red Hering you need a compact Honda generator for those trips, I borrowed my friends on one of my trips and worked great to recharge the boat batteries
I'm going to get one myself as well
Exactly @Ticker Thanks for your help,?;)? and a Honda generator I will need to buy again.We had a Honda generator about 3 years ago,which I bought for that reason,to charge up my 3 marine batteries for my electric motor for those backcountry camping & fishing trip’s,but I felt that it wasn’t really used as much as I would of liked.Maybe there might be some deals around on these generator,now that no one seems to be shopping because of the virus unfortunately going around at the moment.Good luck in finding a generator as well. Tight lines & Fish ON!! ? ???:cool:

Thanks, Red Hering ?
Anytime @Cannonball ??? & I am glad that I could help.I will likely buy my 3 DC 27 series Kirkland marine batteries in early April,because the month of March is almost over.It also looks better on the warranty that the batteries were bought in April 2020,then in March 2020,again,only because the end of March is coming up fast & I might as well get that whole month,(April,2020),put on for the start of the warranty.The weather is getting so nice now,and once these new 3 batteries that I will buy are put into my boat,I will be boating somewhere soon!!o_O???o_O ?:cool:

Last edited:
Anytime @Cannonball ??? & I am glad that I could help.I will likely buy my 3 DC 27 series Kirkland marine batteries in early April,because the month of March is almost over.It also looks better on the warranty that the batteries were bought in April 2020,then in March 2020,again,only because the end of March is coming up fast & I might as well get that whole month,(April,2020),put on for the start of the warranty.The weather is getting so nice now,and once these new 3 batteries that I will buy are put into my boat,I will be boating somewhere soon!!o_O???o_O ?:cool:
Red Hering, I would also like to get two of those 27 series Kirkland deep cycle batteries with 125 ah sometime in April. I’m finishing up day 11 of my isolation. I don’t get out until Monday. But the home time has given me the opportunity to organize my rod room which I hadn’t done since moving down from Northern Bruce and build 4 Rainshadow trolling rods and two ultra-lights.

I run a genesis xe 95...amazing batteries but they are heavy. Extreme duty. Night and day different than the standard deep cycles you buy off the shelf

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks