Off Topic Trolling motor batterries

So my research, Prices are very close. The way it was explained...

Costco group 27 - 120 amp hr - 675 CCA

KAP exide battery group 27 - 99 amp hr - 550 CCA
KAP exide battery group 31 - 113 amp hr - 650 CCA

From that information. The costco group 27 would still be better than the larger exide group 31?

Thx wave runner tried the 31.s today in the holders on my alumacraft and they fit thx to proctor marine for giving me 1 to try to see if it would fit so will be goin with the 31.s
@Alby what size are the series 31 batteries? Especially the length of the battery? My 3 separate 12 volt battery box’s measure: 7 1/8 wide x 12 3/4 length in inches. Are those Delka marine batteries that they sell @Proctor Marine? For I already had a look at the Delka series 31 batteries at another marina,and they unfortunately won’t fit into my battery tray,because the Delka 31 series battery measure: 6 3/4 wide by 13 in length,(too big for my battery tray). ? Thanks in advance & have a fantastic day!! ;)?:)

Sorry red herring i did not measure width length was abt 12 7/8 can do another measure on battery maybe this week if done early enuff proctors good guys may give u exact measurements if give em a call. My box measured 12 3/4 but battery fit easily battery seems to be tapered at bottom hope this helps

Sorry red herring i did not measure width length was abt 12 7/8 can do another measure on battery maybe this week if done early enuff proctors good guys may give u exact measurements if give em a call. My box measured 12 3/4 but battery fit easily battery seems to be tapered at bottom hope this helps
Thanks @Alby ?? I will give Proctor a call this morning.?:)

Thx wave runner tried the 31.s today in the holders on my alumacraft and they fit thx to proctor marine for giving me 1 to try to see if it would fit so will be goin with the 31.s
That's great Alby and they'll give you longer running time than the 27DC batteries if needed. The "salty old seadog" @Red Hering can vouch for the Deka dependability. ??

@Red Hering… Erich the Exide 31-MDC is Length 13" - Width 6 13/16" - Total Height 9 7/8" which is the same on all 31 series batteries to my knowledge. However as @Alby pointed out the Exide is tapered at the bottom as you can clearly see in the photos whereas the Deka is completely squared at the bottom just like my Interstate are. I'm sure the Exide will easily fit your battery tray also where the Deka probably won't.

31MDC (1258x1001).jpgdeka-12-volt-deep-cycle-marine-battery-31-series-110833-500x500.jpg

That's great Alby and they'll give you longer running time than the 27DC batteries if needed. The "salty old seadog" @Red Hering can vouch for the Deka dependability. ??
That’s a for sure!!??? @Wave Runner my 3 DC 27 series Deka marine batteries were put to the test a couple of years ago,when my wife and I did some backcountry camping on a island on Georgian Bay,(no electricity),for 10 days,and amazingly,the batteries still had a little bit of power left,when we finally finished our camping trip!! It is now time for me to buy a McCafe x-large,for I have just finished shopping here at Costco since 8:30 a.m.,this morning,to buy the most valuable item,(toilet paper :giggle:-lol :ROFLMAO:),on the planet 53569FED-1308-4777-9CE7-31F8B3594C04.jpeg Tight lines & over and out,from the “Salty Old Seadog!!” LoL:ROFLMAO: ????:)

@Red Hering… Erich the Exide 31-MDC is Length 13" - Width 6 13/16" - Total Height 9 7/8" which is the same on all 31 series batteries to my knowledge. However as @Alby pointed out the Exide is tapered at the bottom as you can clearly see in the photos whereas the Deka is completely squared at the bottom just like my Interstate are. I'm sure the Exide will easily fit your battery tray also where the Deka probably won't.

View attachment 21560View attachment 21563

View attachment 21560View attachment 21563
Thanks sooo much again @Wave Runner for your time & research!! ;)?:) I will have to see who sells them here in London,to have a look at them.??

That’s a for sure!!??? @Wave Runner my 3 DC 27 series Deka marine batteries were put to the test a couple of years ago,when my wife and I did some backcountry camping on a island on Georgian Bay,(no electricity),for 10 days,and amazingly,the batteries still had a little bit of power left,when we finally finished our camping trip!! It is now time for me to buy a McCafe x-large,for I have just finished shopping here at Costco since 8:30 a.m.,this morning,to buy the most valuable item,(toilet paper :giggle:-lol :ROFLMAO:),on the planet View attachment 21564 Tight lines & over and out,from the “Salty Old Seadog!!” LoL:ROFLMAO: ????:)
You can trade some of that TP for batteries
Lol

There you go @Red Hering take the advice of @Ticker... I'm quite sure someone out there will buy you 3 new batteries in exchange for that big pack TP. ??
I also see the "salty old seadog" needs the wide sheets eh? ? ?
Yes @Wave Runner @Ticker is onto something & and he has a great idea!!?? Also,wide sheets for the “salty old sea dog” all the way!! ?☺️lol ? and as the saying goes,GO BIG or GO Home!!” lol ?????

That’s a for sure!!??? @Wave Runner my 3 DC 27 series Deka marine batteries were put to the test a couple of years ago,when my wife and I did some backcountry camping on a island on Georgian Bay,(no electricity),for 10 days,and amazingly,the batteries still had a little bit of power left,when we finally finished our camping trip!! It is now time for me to buy a McCafe x-large,for I have just finished shopping here at Costco since 8:30 a.m.,this morning,to buy the most valuable item,(toilet paper :giggle:-lol :ROFLMAO:),on the planet View attachment 21564 Tight lines & over and out,from the “Salty Old Seadog!!” LoL:ROFLMAO: ????:)
Hey Erich is that @stomp Toyota Highlander in the background loaded full of TP and a case of immodium? :unsure:;)

Last edited:
So my research, Prices are very close. The way it was explained...

Costco group 27 - 120 amp hr - 675 CCA

KAP exide battery group 27 - 99 amp hr - 550 CCA
KAP exide battery group 31 - 113 amp hr - 650 CCA

From that information. The costco group 27 would still be better than the larger exide group 31?
[/QUOT

Hey Erich is that @stomp Toyota Highlander in the background loaded full of TP and a case of immodium? :unsure:;)
@Wave Runner just to stir the pot since no fishing going on yet and I need more reading materials . @stomp is paying the price to beat the " red wave " in the pike tournament
With good old fashioned love/ bashing lol
Keep it coming ! ??
Sorry to all who was talking about battery and the rest of us hijacked the thread ?

I agree @Cannonball there's nothing out there in group 31 let alone a 27 that has 120 amp hours or as good a warranty or price as the Kirkland. I wish I had bought them instead of my SMR31 Interstate that has 98 amp hours even though much bigger. :(

Back