Off Topic Trolling motor batterries

@Cannonball: Do you sell rods ?
[/QUOTe
I build custom rods as a hobby these days. I built professionally for many years starting in 1984. I had a rod shop “ North Shore Custom Rods” in Northern Bruce Peninsula. I was a master rodbuilder for an online another custom rod business for several years. Are you looking for a technique specific rod?

Red Hering, I would also like to get two of those 27 series Kirkland deep cycle batteries with 125 ah sometime in April. I’m finishing up day 11 of my isolation. I don’t get out until Monday. But the home time has given me the opportunity to organize my rod room which I hadn’t done since moving down from Northern Bruce and build 4 Rainshadow trolling rods and two ultra-lights.
Two weeks of isolation @Cannonball would drive me,”CRAZY!!” ?? I know,you have to do it because you were vacationing in Florida. I have been isolating myself from the public a lot lately by fishing of course & today,I am trying my luck for pike,before the pike season closes at the end of this month.No luck yet this morning on catching a pike,but just one big out of season walleye.The day is still young & the sunshine feels great F8FDD6B3-D74D-446E-8939-E77FA076800E.jpeg while fishing along the Thames River for pike. ????

Two weeks of isolation @Cannonball would drive me,”CRAZY!!” ?? I know,you have to do it because you were vacationing in Florida. I have been isolating myself from the public a lot lately by fishing of course & today,I am trying my luck for pike,before the pike season closes at the end of this month.No luck yet this morning on catching a pike,but just one big out of season walleye.The day is still young & the sunshine feels great View attachment 21720 while fishing along the Thames River for pike. ????
Looking good there, Erich! Hey, not vacationing in Florida. We live there every winter. It’s no vacation...I have to work...chasing golf balls, cleaning fish, for 4 months at a time!!??

Good luck red i got a 2 year replacement on batteries thru proctors
Thanks Sooo much again Alby for your help on the marine batteries.After all of this research on the marine batteries,I decided to go back to the Deka marine batteries.The only problem now is,Proctor Marine is closed because of the Covid 19 virus,& I ended up ordering 3 Deka marine batteries from somewhere else,but they won’t know,when they will be in!! The waiting game begins to get my new Deka marine batteries.I wonder if I can still run my boat off the main starting battery from my outboard motor.I don’t believe that the 3 electric batteries need to be connected somehow to the starting battery.If they don’t,I should still be able to run my boat,without the 3 marine batteries for my electric motor. Would you know @Alby or any other members on Channel 68 & thanks in advance & tight lines to All & Fish ON!! ??????

Last edited:
Thanks Sooo much again Alby for your help on the marine batteries.After all of this research on the marine batteries,I decided to go back to the Deka marine batteries.The only problem now is,Proctor Marine is closed because of the Covid 19 virus,& I ended up ordering 3 Deka marine batteries from somewhere else,but they won’t know,when they will be in!! The waiting game begins to get my new Deka marine batteries.I wonder if I can still run my boat off the main starting battery from my outboard motor.I don’t believe that the 3 electric batteries need to be connected somehow to the starting battery.If they don’t,I should still be able to run my boat,without the 3 marine batteries for my electric motor. Would you know @Alby or any other members on Channel 68 & thanks in advance & tight lines to All & Fish ON!! ??????
Your starting battery is totally separate from your trolling batteries so everything you have connected to it will work including starting your boat. Your good to go fishing just no electric trolling motor for now. (y)

Your starting battery is totally separate from your trolling batteries so everything you have connected to it will work including starting your boat. Your good to go fishing just no electric trolling motor for now. (y)
??????

So now your going with the Deka @Red Hering?... and here I always thought only women changed their minds like I change my shirt. ;)??
I had to go with my ❤ heart!! @Wave Runner 7 years with the last 3 Deka marine batteries is a “good run!!” Those last Deka marine batteries really impressed me on our last 10 day backcountry fishing trip,but I did also buy a generator yesterday as well,especially for those backcountry,(no hydro),fishing trip‘s,to charge up the marine batteries at the end of each day of fishing. ??????

Last edited:
I had to go with my ❤ heart!! @Wave Runner 7 years with the last 3 Deka marine batteries is a “good run!!” Those last Deka marine batteries really impressed me on our last 10 day backcountry fishing trip,but I did also buy a generator yesterday as well,especially for those backcountry,(no hydro),fishing trip‘s,to charge up the marine batteries at the end of each day of fishing. ??????
@Red Hering the generator also comes handy to run my mixer to make margaritas
I do get funny looks from other campers going by ?

I will use my $200 Costco cash back coupon towards Costco summer tire’s,instead of towards 3 Kirkland marine batterie‘s from Costco. ???
Hey I don't blame you as you got good service from your Deka batteries for sure Erich. The $200 can still be used for whatever else you might want from Costco so that don't really factor in. Good luck you shouldn't have to wait long for your Deka batteries, I heard @hvyhaul has them on his truck and is on his way. LOL!!! ;):p

Hey I don't blame you as you got good service from your Deka batteries for sure Erich. The $200 can still be used for whatever else you might want from Costco so that don't really factor in. Good luck you shouldn't have to wait long for your Deka batteries, I heard @hvyhaul has them on his truck and is on his way. LOL!!! ;):p
That is Terrific news @Wave Runner ??? & thanks for letting me know that @hvyhaul has the Deka batteries,and he is on his way!!??? I love fishing for pike along the reeds A5D9180B-D64F-4F8D-A563-C1411ECBE5B6.jpegC2BB66D8-F909-44E1-A6E5-6C712C801378.jpeg639DAD68-6A1E-4B21-B44A-C61CC6779ED6.jpeg on long point bay with a spinnerbait,and I need those 3 Deka marine batteries for my electric motor on my boat & pike ON!! ??????

Last edited:
If you don’t mind waiting,(I have company right now),till tomorrow morning @Red Fisher I will post some photos of my new generator & some information about it. Thanks for asking & I will post in the morning & have a fantastic evening. ?:)
@Red Fisher here are the photo’s of the generator that I bought,BAD5F9AC-FED6-4B4A-9DD8-7D5353795D03.jpeg608B6C76-4FBE-41B5-B049-62936D69D056.jpeg0CAEE12A-289A-450B-A37A-CB79830DD45D.jpeg61777463-7F4D-4B73-8BCA-9EEF7F2F4FAF.jpeg5E19E129-2368-41E6-985C-037863D137D0.jpeg251ECD0D-0DF3-4645-849F-0060CA79108D.jpeg and this model was recommended to me by the sales person to charge up my 3 marine batteries for my electric motor,especially while I am on those backcountry,(no hydro),fishing trip’s. I will also send you a personal message about another generator,which is also a good deal right now,and read the pm as soon as you can,for it might be sold anytime. ;)??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks