2017/2018 Inner Bay Ice Fishing Thread

Not sure if this was today or not but always a reminder to be careful. Patience to all anglers. Safe ice will be here soon enough according to the long rang forecast.

Thanks for the update @Larry Lloyd . Always appreciate them. Maybe some pictures from someone down that way would be great also I'm heading down to check on the trailer and so on this weekend maybe walk out drill a few holes who know.

Got back from walking the dog out front of booths harbour i could see a portable hut about a 1/4 mile and two guys walking out from the west of booths, some one told me he measured 2 to 5 inches in different spots. I'm hoping to go out with a hut operator for my first time until I can get familiar to the bay. I've heard some might be operating by Monday I have until the 4th of January before I return to work. Fingèrs crossed ☺

Just home from St. Williams. Everything that was open water a few days ago looks to be froze over now. One portable hut out about half a km. Grangers ice huts were there putting huts on the ice along the shoreline. I'm assuming they might hope to get going this weekend or early next week.
IMG_1413.JPG

Man I would be over the top, if we can get out on the bay this year. During the late 60s and early 80s it was a normal thing to ice fish the bay. I can remember fishing out there and using my dad's 1/2 ton Chevy van as a warm up hut. There wasn't a concern about driving out on the ice. I like fishing Lake Simcoe; but it's a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive. Last year I left my hut out there, on the perch grounds; but made arrangements with a local to pull it off; if the weather dictated too.
So if there is consistent ice this year; there's an open invite to stop in and have a coffee and warm up in my shack. It's a blue sheet metal sided hut, with a big Canadian Flag on the door at the rear. There's always room for one more; plus I can kick my family members out. LOL

Dan.
DSC03878.JPGIMG_1235.JPG

Dan.DSC03878.JPG

With the weight of my hut, I'd only take it out if the ice thickness was twice that. That being said, I could break out my pop up and wait for a couple more inches and run out with the quad?
Can't walk it anymore; if the legs didn't give out; I'd have a heart attack. LOL

Dan.

Dand I have heard ice have been next to none the last few years around hear after I bought and well I'm very happy to see a early vortex cold blowing in ontario can't wait to be on hard water,
P. S. Nice setup perfect

This is great news! Thank you to all the people providing the updates.....I'll be out in the one person blue clam hut this saturday am. Any info on bait would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: Jay
Grangers was getting there "store" or whatever you want to call it open as well today on the shore. Had the furnace going and so on. Not sure if they sell their bait to anyone or just their own clients though

(And I'll ask first, just in case @Huron is still out there lurking, can someone please post pictures of ice huts?:LOL:)

Just came on board Stomp. nice of you to remember my harps and pleas About people posting pics LOL! Starting to get all excited about coming down to St. Williams area of the lake. In the mean time "Please post pics" Thank you to all. Sincerely Huron.

Is Erie bait open for minnows tomorrow ?
Like walk out out see if it safe don't like to get wet.;)

Luckily i found a partner to go out on saturday. Check up on the cottage and head out off of old cut. If anyone hears if it is to thin out that way, please let me know.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks