2017/2018 Inner Bay Ice Fishing Thread

i heard the sail store is going in where costco is now on wellington as they are building new costco on wellington further south so they can have a gas bar. as well as the ikea store

i heard the sail store is going in where costco is now on wellington as they are building new costco on wellington further south so they can have a gas bar. as well as the ikea store

Anyone know what the ice conditions in the bay would be by any chance? I'm itching and don't feel like driving to Barrie but I'm guessing a few more days until it's safe here

well its hard to get sleep on the boat Dan...lol

After the crazy cold temps this week hopefully next weekend the ice will be fishable. Feeling like -30 Tuesday night

After the crazy cold temps this week hopefully next weekend the ice will be fishable. Feeling like -30 Tuesday night
Stomp Jr. got a new car receiver for the ____ van for Christmas. Stomp Sr. got that unit installed and humming (I hope) today before the real cold weather begins (took a couple of hours and got a little chilly, but figure I saved over $300 with the DIY). Now I can leave the hardware alone for a bit and keep warm as I get back to my other, more software-related, technical duties.

Took a drive out to St. Williams today. Straight out from st. Williams and to the east is frozen shut. Open water to the west. One guy out about 1km straight out from the lighthouse at st.Williams. Hopefully he's on the forum to let us know what the ice was like. I'm not brave enough to go out there yet .
Be safe everyone! Won't be long for some ice fishing on Erie again finally!

You say open water to the west, I've saw that before, the geese and ducks keep that area open.
Hope that guy out there doesn't get in trouble with the wind blowing.

Reactions: Jay
You say open water to the west, I've saw that before, the geese and ducks keep that area open.
Hope that guy out there doesn't get in trouble with the wind blowing.
I was surprised to see the open water to the west. I thought it would freeze up sooner than the east because it's deeper into the bay. But I'm fairly new to ice fishing Erie so what do I know haha.
Hopefully that guy has a safe day out there

Buddy fishinjoe on here called me, he talked to the guy that was out there.
The guy couldn't set up because it was to windy, and walked back in.
He didn't say how thick the ice was but watched him zig zag coming in ???
Give it a few more days guys.

The temps are looking good! I havent done much ice fishing myself before bit i am all set up for this year. Do you think it should be safe to head out this weekend? And secondly, if i am heading out from longpoint are there good holes walking distance from the park or old cut? How far out should i be going?

Hey @Cam Reeves, hard to know about safety of ice. I would be careful around Old Cut channel as current and bubblers have surprised others there in the past. A safer point of entry is out farther along the Old Cut channel towards the Bay. @oldcutmarina had a webcam pointed at this area the last time there was good ice.

A good gauge was if the commercial operators were out on the ice. I am not sure if any of them are still in the game.

I was down townline st st.wiliams, ice as far as I could see but didn't realy look west and no time to check the ice.
I'm new to this area I once ice fished I think it was Grangers many years back, can anyone tell me if I can access the lake there no one around this Wednesday afternoon was wondering of parking also I now live in booths harbour hamlet.

Bay side Facebook page says 2-5”... Earlier in week was lots of open water LP way. Still large open holes out front of Port Rowan earlier today!

R&R in port rowan saying they are starting up January 3rd. I ll be going out to try the bay this saturday.

I went down to St Williams by Grangers and while there is solid ice out as far as I could see, there are no tracks. No one has gone out. Same with Waterford ponds. Dover marina was all broke up last week as some boats were still trying to go out. It will need to refreeze.

From Booth's Harbour. Dec. 28. -19C this AM. Bay froze over mostly 3 or 4 days ago. There were a few steaming spots yesterday Morning. Looks like they all closed up by this AM. There's one tent out there now maybe 1/2 mile directly in front of here, 50 meters or so from most recently frozen and steaming spots from yesterday. Was down at the shore yesterday and there sure looked like enough ice to walk on at the shore. Maybe drill some holes later.

From Booth's Harbour. Dec. 28. -19C this AM. Bay froze over mostly 3 or 4 days ago. There were a few steaming spots yesterday Morning. Looks like they all closed up by this AM. There's one tent out there now maybe 1/2 mile directly in front of here, 50 meters or so from most recently frozen and steaming spots from yesterday. Was down at the shore yesterday and there sure looked like enough ice to walk on at the shore. Maybe drill some holes later.
Thx @Larry Lloyd ... appreciate your boots on the ground (or should I say ice) reports from Booth's Harbour.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks