2017/2018 Inner Bay Ice Fishing Thread

Anybody out on LPB today? I'm assuming the ice is still fine but pretty sloppy on top? Just wondering if anyone has been out and could let us know.
Maybe getting out tomorrow if everything looks good otherwise wait until Sunday and hope it's not as wet.
Thanks

May wanna play it safe until the weekend freeze up. Lots of rain coming Friday! Ice may be sketchy or at least create a few soft spots

Last edited:
I have not ventured out since Tuesday
I also would recommend waiting
All this rain than lots of snow in the forecast not good

What are the rental huts doing? I was hoping of getting mine down and out there this wknd. Any insight as to what all the flow that for sure is coming down Big Creek over the next cpl day will do? Im going to imagine some very turbid water coming into the bay on the west inlet.

(I know this is gonna get me in hot water)

@fshrgrl, is your avatar meant as:
a) a commentary on the quality of the play of this year's team
b) a commentary about the intelligence of the typical fan of the team
c) both
Quite frankly I fail to see what your comment has to do with fishing...

Out here right now. Been moving around alot to see whats better. Currently out fron of booths and its clear vis but just small dinks. Out front off willys is a bit turbid before or near the pressure crack. So far best luck if any for size is beyond the crack. Will sit on this spot for 30 to 45 min. Then going to go out far where alot of the red rental huts are toward bait island. Heres a panoramic from a little while ago. This spot from pics was 12 inches ice. Murky water and not alot of weeds.

Attachments

• 20180114_131604.jpg
    20180114_131604.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20180114_131554.jpg
    20180114_131554.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20180114_131550.jpg
    20180114_131550.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 80
Out here right now. Been moving around alot to see whats better. Currently out fron of booths and its clear vis but just small dinks. Out front off willys is a bit turbid before or near the pressure crack. So far best luck if any for size is beyond the crack. Will sit on this spot for 30 to 45 min. Then going to go out far where alot of the red rental huts are toward bait island. Heres a panoramic from a little while ago. This spot from pics was 12 inches ice. Murky water and not alot of weeds.
Ì was out there sounds like your doing better than us, was a beautiful day to be out

Finally found a spot that worked out really well. Best ice fishing Ive ever had on the bay. Ended up with about 45 keepers. From 1pm till sundown the bite was non stop and we were playing keep away from the dinks to get the better ones.

Just wondering from anyone out today how the ice is doing lpb? Thinking of going first thing in the morning for a few hours from OC. TIA

Just was out today. Fished from 7 am till 3. Lots of dink perch and two pike. Pretty slow day tho. That was out of old cut.

Attachments

• received_10156078207959859.jpeg
    received_10156078207959859.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 57
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks