Search results

1. rickr

Trolling motor batteries

Two yrs ago I went with alberta lithium lifepo4. 2x12 v 100ah. On a ulterra 80 lb. 196 princecraft. biggest test was last fall Muskie fishing at mouth of thames Spot lock for 8+ hrs in a 20+ knot wind. Plus couple hrs of trolling using it for steering. Finished up at sunset with...
  2. rickr

Muskie found dead

I can relate to the fat belly issue
  3. rickr

Fishing Report LSC Musky … kinda?

Ya those guys pile in there quite thick. Im pretty sure they try to see how close they can get. I stay to the far side to keep out of range. I don’t condone their actions by any means but I do respect that they only have that area to fish and the rest of us have the entire river and...
  4. rickr

Muskie found dead

If I may xtra split rings , hooks and split ring pliers are a must. Cutting the split ring right away if needed will greatly decrease the handling time. and having spares onboard will hasten the decision to cut them. I keep the fish in the water using the net as a Livewell while removing...
  5. rickr

Muskie found dead

6. rickr

Oct 18 Turkey Point

? Measurements ? 44 3/4 x 20 1/2
  7. rickr

Oct 18 Turkey Point

This evening we did a little lure washing out of turkey point. Started about 4 pm shad coloured super shad rap got dirty
  8. IMG_0257.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg

9. rickr

Off Topic Electric Trolling Motor - Choice

I bought an ulterra in 2019. Let's just say I've gotten very acquainted with trouble shoot and repair.
  10. rickr

Fishing Report Fish - Inner LP Bay - Tuesday, May30th

If it weren’t for east wind. The bay would have no wind at all
  11. rickr

Off Topic Jellyfish-coming soon to a lake near you

Saw some today in 14 fow off port ryerse about the size of a silver dollar
  12. rickr

Fishing Report Lake St. Clair Musky Attempt

Troll with a few ounce or more weight or large barbless treble hook followed by a 4ft leader will help with weeds until you make or buy some weed guards.
  13. rickr

Launch Bozo

That is the general downside to using public ramps and it can get scary when a new guy panics with the throttle
  14. rickr

Off Topic Vacuum sealer

Thanks guys. I can't find where I read it but I'm sure I saw someone say the fillets need to be dry ??
  15. rickr

Off Topic Vacuum sealer

I’ve been reading about vacuum sealers here and other sites etc. Sounds like most ppl love them. question I have. How much can you actually freeze in each bag. All the adds show 3-4 fillets nicely laid out side by side which I’m assuming is just for advertising appeal . Doesn’t seem too...
  16. rickr

What wind is best for calm on St Clair?

You should be good. If wind goes south there’s nothing stoping you from launching out of lighthouse cove. We were there Monday Tuesday After those big storms that went through Sunday night charters were nailing them in muddy water off lighthouse cove. No further out than last channel marker...
  17. 9F13FDE5-24C0-40B5-9029-7789EBDE9DBD.jpeg

9F13FDE5-24C0-40B5-9029-7789EBDE9DBD.jpeg

18. rickr

Off Topic Troll Master

I used power from main battery , stepped it down to 6 volts, ran through a servo tester and back to the servo. I have at least 50 hrs on it so far and not one bit of trouble.
  19. rickr

Off Topic Troll Master

Ya cable should be fine. I had the line on hand and I wanted to mention it more for others who might be wondering why we don’t want a solid linkage
  20. rickr

Off Topic Troll Master

I used 80 lb
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks