Launch Bozo

HTHM

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well, there I was with my wife about to take a cruise on the Niagara River at the Queenston Launch. Unfortunately someone had launched their boat without checking the fuel level and ran out of fuel in the launch port. They promptly tied their boat off, blocking the launch, of course, and buggered off to get fuel. I waited for about 45 min for them to show up, and made a comment to the tattooed woman in the boat that it was quite inconvenient for everyone that they were there.
She took umbrage with that and I could see this would escalate into me demonstrating a side of my personality one does not want to see, so I walked away and left it alone. They finally showed up, 6 boats in the que waiting to retrieve so I said screw it and left for a wonderful launch on the high side of the river. I could overhear her complaining to her compatriots about this bad man that had the unmitigated gall to address the error in judgement. (It was a good thing I left...)

Oooooh.. I have no patience for “bad ramp etiquette”……. Zero tolerance. To the point that a buddy had this T-shirt made up for me.

My fishing buddies say I have “ramp rage”, girlfriend says I’m a “dock cock” but…I’m ok with my educating of idiots in a 6 foot 4 angry manner.

But I get over it…

Attachments

• 1D8B2443-3F29-44A9-81F0-1B9D7C8DE147.jpeg
    1D8B2443-3F29-44A9-81F0-1B9D7C8DE147.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 65
Dicks at docks. Not all have one between their legs. My patience-omter runs out after 15 minutes of center of the univers behavior.

Theres this guy at Hoovers with a Sea Doo boat.Puts it on the trailer pulls up to the top of the ramp,drains the boat and then wipes the boat down when theres other boats waiting to come out.I have seen this guy do this several times with nothing being said to him by Hoovers Staff.

Theres this guy at Hoovers with a Sea Doo boat.Puts it on the trailer pulls up to the top of the ramp,drains the boat and then wipes the boat down when theres other boats waiting to come out.I have seen this guy do this several times with nothing being said to him by Hoovers Staff.
Ooooooo, my blood is boiling just reading that..

What does your IQ have to be to show up at the launch for a day on the water with no fuel. I can’t be around people like this as I am not emotionally equipped to deal with that give zero F’s about other people. This is why I have a dock at a marina, yes it’s costly at the start but it’s cheaper than a lawyer.

Well, there I was with my wife about to take a cruise on the Niagara River at the Queenston Launch. Unfortunately someone had launched their boat without checking the fuel level and ran out of fuel in the launch port. They promptly tied their boat off, blocking the launch, of course, and buggered off to get fuel. I waited for about 45 min for them to show up, and made a comment to the tattooed woman in the boat that it was quite inconvenient for everyone that they were there.
She took umbrage with that and I could see this would escalate into me demonstrating a side of my personality one does not want to see, so I walked away and left it alone. They finally showed up, 6 boats in the que waiting to retrieve so I said screw it and left for a wonderful launch on the high side of the river. I could overhear her complaining to her compatriots about this bad man that had the unmitigated gall to address the error in judgement. (It was a good thing I left...)
I bet if the boat “somehow” got unhooked from the dock they wouldn’t leave it in the water next time.

Also have the parking Karen's at the launch....parked at booths one time and came back to a little man whining that was his unmarked spot cause he parked there the day before. He said iam lucky I came back when I did because he would have blocked me in with his GMC canyon. I looked over at my lifted f250 on 37s and asked him how did he thing that would end up for him??? ....takes all kinds

That is the general downside to using public ramps
and it can get scary when a new guy panics with the throttle

Watched a full tilt assault last summer at the TP ramp. 30 yr old and his wife in a boat followed in by a jet ski operator. All go on the same dock and the jet ski operator got up and slapped what appeared to be the 30 yr old's wife's ass! Just joking he shouted. Husband landed two punches and shoved him the lake. They hauled the ski operator back on the dock. 30 yr old returned with his trailer and asked the ski operator if he wanted to joke around some more. Booze was involved - clearly.

Never a dull moment at the ramps.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks