What wind is best for calm on St Clair?

konrad67

Want to head out to St. Clair in the next while to cast as well as troll---which are the best winds are the best when looking for relative calm waters on that lake? Thanks-

I would think it would depend on where you launch, like Erie the wind will blow the waves in or out....one side calm the other get the waves. So I agree that if you are launching from the south shore look for a wind out of the south.

I will Clarify, if launching from Belle River or Lighthouse Cove, South wind is the best, SW or SE under 20kmh is good it'll get bumpy out further over 20 but still fishable, I'll be there for 10 days starting next Thrusday for a little Muskie trip

So on this note, I'm thinking that launching out of Bass Haven in Mitchell's Bay tomorrow might be okay?

Wind northeast 10 knots backing to north 10 early this morning then increasing to north 15 early this evening. Wind diminishing to northeast 10 near midnight then becoming light Friday morning.

You should be good. If wind goes south there’s nothing stoping you from launching out of lighthouse cove. We were there Monday Tuesday After those big storms that went through Sunday night
charters were nailing them in muddy water off lighthouse cove. No further out than last channel marker

we didn’t do anything in the muddy water on Monday. Ran across to Mitchell’s bay on Tuesday looking for just a stained water more suitable to our gear. Managed to pick up a smaller one
floating logs are plentiful. Wouldn’t be doing any night time running. And the floating weeds are challenging for trolling to say the least

Attachments

• 9F13FDE5-24C0-40B5-9029-7789EBDE9DBD.jpeg
    9F13FDE5-24C0-40B5-9029-7789EBDE9DBD.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 8
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks