Fishing Report Fish - Inner LP Bay - Tuesday, May30th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Following an exceptional outing on Sunday that included a half dozen pike, 2 walleye and more in less than 3 hours, I thought today could possibly be a replay. Well, the weather cooperated but not the fish. Today, Albert and I targeted the same area in the west end of the Inner Bay between 11:30 & 2:00 pm. The score was 3 pike (2.5 lbs.) , 2 small perch, 2 rock bass and 1 sunfish. No idea why 7" perch and a sunfish would hit a body bait. The bottom line was that others seem to have done even worse.

Following an exceptional outing on Sunday that included a half dozen pike, 2 walleye and more in less than 3 hours, I thought today could possibly be a replay. Well, the weather cooperated but not the fish. Today, Albert and I targeted the same area in the west end of the Inner Bay between 11:30 & 2:00 pm. The score was 3 pike (2.5 lbs.) , 2 small perch, 2 rock bass and 1 sunfish. No idea why 7" perch and a sunfish would hit a body bait. The bottom line was that others seem to have done even worse.
East wind lately perhaps 🤔 @Duck Soup ? I personally will not tow my boat down to long point bay on a 3 hour round trip. Maybe it’s just me,but even if there is an east wind blowing during the ice fishing season on the inner bay, I find that the ice fishing is slow,and non productive,again,for me at least anyways. I haven’t fished the bay for year’s now,if there is an east wind in the weather forecast.

East wind lately perhaps 🤔 @Duck Soup ? I personally will not tow my boat down to long point bay on a 3 hour round trip. Maybe it’s just me,but even if there is an east wind blowing during the ice fishing season on the inner bay, I find that the ice fishing is slow,and non productive,again,for me at least anyways. I haven’t fished the bay for year’s now,if there is an east wind in the weather forecast.
As I said in a post earlier this month Red, off my favorite pier, I've had some of my best days when the wind is blowing out of the NE, E, or SE. I don't think it's as much the wind direction as much as it is how hard it's blowing because how hard it blows impacts water clarity, especially in shallower waters like the bay and around the pier, and perhaps water temps if the lake is churned up pretty good and if it's churned up that much, I wouldn't be fishin it anyways because I likely wouldn't be able to sit where I like to sit out near the light tower.

isn't the inner bay a sanctuary until last Saturday in June? I just want to fish for pike but am reading that I have to be in the outer bay. I don't understand where the west end of the inner bay is and why you are able to fish there. The regs say that the eastern half of inner bay is sanctuary, where is the line between eastern and western half of inner bay. I would love to stick close to shore coming out of Marina Shores and just troll around a bit.

isn't the inner bay a sanctuary until last Saturday in June? I just want to fish for pike but am reading that I have to be in the outer bay. I don't understand where the west end of the inner bay is and why you are able to fish there. The regs say that the eastern half of inner bay is sanctuary, where is the line between eastern and western half of inner bay. I would love to stick close to shore coming out of Marina Shores and just troll around a bit.

@Outdorman this was posted at the Long Point Provincial Park boat ramp,explaining where the sanctuary is in effect,when I was there the last time,on May 12,2023. Lots of area’s to go pike fishing left of the red line in the western portion of the inner bay,which I was doing that day,fishing for pike out of my canoe/hybrid watercraft on that day. Tight lines and Pike ON! to you. 🛶🚤🎣🐟🐟👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpeg
    IMG_0624.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0636.jpeg
    IMG_0636.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 30
Yeah Erich, our problem is that we are no longer spring chickens and 3 hours on the water is just about it. It now takes me at least a half hour to get the boat uncovered, hooked up and ready to go plus the same amount of time to put it away. If we keep any fish it is at least another half hour to clean them and the cleaning table, knives etc. plus get them washed and in the refrigerator. Add to that the time it takes to get to and from the docking ramp plus the run to where we are fishing and we've done at least a full 8 hour day. We have both been retired for over 20 years and are thrilled we can still do that much.

Boy.....Do I agree with statement....It takes me 3 hours to get on the lake from Kitchener, and 3 Hrs. to get back and you know the rest....:giggle:
Yeah Erich, our problem is that we are no longer spring chickens and 3 hours on the water is just about it. It now takes me at least a half hour to get the boat uncovered, hooked up and ready to go plus the same amount of time to put it away. If we keep any fish it is at least another half hour to clean them and the cleaning table, knives etc. plus get them washed and in the refrigerator. Add to that the time it takes to get to and from the docking ramp plus the run to where we are fishing and we've done at least a full 8 hour day. We have both been retired for over 20 years and are thrilled we can still do that much.

Well said @Duck Soup 👊👊 and See you on the water & Tight Lines! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟 😉👍🙂

@Outdorman if you plot a heading of 154 degrees (S 26 deg East) from the St Williams Lighthouse, that's your boundary to within +/- 100 ft or less. The lighthouse is in front of Woodward's at the end of Regional Road 16. There will be floating signs across the bay marking both sides of the sanctuary.

Marina Shores is at least a 3.5-4 km boat ride away from the edge of the sanctuary so you have a huge area to fish, some 8000+ acres (go nuts!).

thank you Crestliner18, very much, that was the detailed info I was looking for

We were the same way. Up early, uncover, hook up,and put up with the s#*t show at the launch didn't go much.Rented a boat house in the inner bay 3 years ago. The Light house, Elbow, Bluff bar, Normandale and inner bay are all we need. Unlock the door, go fishing, lock the door and go home. We go out way more often now. Wish I had done this years ago.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks