Recent content by jrr

1. jrr

Nice day for a boat ride... East side... September 8th AM...

That was me today as well in the elbow... had 3 hit the downrigger hard but they got off. That was it. My dad's friend didn't come out so I didn't spend the gas to loop around the point... and I regret it. Sorta. But the gas money can pay for a new hockey stick for my kid who keeps breaking them.
  2. jrr

How far west of Long Point does one need to go?

Seeing a window of opportunity in the wind forecast for Thursday I am considering taking my dad and his seriously ill long time friend (who taught me to fish as a kid) out of Port Dover (where my boat is). But. I can manage to work to get 3-4 fish on inside of the point over a few hours, I would...
  3. jrr

FYI for trolling

I find in the elbow and around the shoal that the fish hawk offers both entertainment and some idea what the current is doing. Your surface and speed at the ball does change depending on direction and it isn't always predictable as the same spot can be different on different days. I don't think...
  4. jrr

Nanticoke

Oh yeah… we also caught some very large sheep. I caught the walleye up high (my 45 ft down is 38-40ft according to fishhawk) with nothing on the screen but bait. Whatever is on the bottom is not hitting at that depth or doesn’t like anything that I have.
  5. jrr

Nanticoke

Yes. But took me a while to find some that wanted what I was offering today — worm harnesses.… and once I found a spot I had to hit at the exact same direction to get another one. Nothing else worked last time I was out. Today was a lot closer to the ball than what has ever worked before, 60-70...
  6. 515E4DF4-D826-4BCE-9C26-653EFE8783BA.jpeg

515E4DF4-D826-4BCE-9C26-653EFE8783BA.jpeg

7. 85B14A51-A75B-4C2D-B7B5-63E035FB7DCF.jpeg

85B14A51-A75B-4C2D-B7B5-63E035FB7DCF.jpeg

8. jrr

Downrigger opinions

I have 2 Big Jons from 1993 on my boat. Cannon has tempted me with their slick look but the Big Jons keep going…
  9. jrr

Help with autopilot

To the point above... I had Raymarine on my old boat. It would do that for two reasons. Cell phone near the puck on my roof or wind/waves/not enough speed and it thinks I am turning so it over corrects. You might also have pattern steer on? Does it have that setting? What does the control gauge...
  10. jrr

Fishing Report Nanticoke

I did not see any within a few miles east of the shoal, 50-80 FOW. That was on June 30th though.
  11. jrr

Guelph area? Suggestions please

Find a slower spot on the Speed River between Guelph and Cambridge. Lots of pan fish in there. For sure rock bass. Access is tricky but there are spots. There is a spot off Niska Rd — haven’t tried but I would as there is trial access. Also Guelph Lake has a conservation area… hear it is fun...
  12. jrr

Port Dover

Of the Nanticoke shoal — about 7 miles out from the marina. There are walleye and rainbow out there… always… go deeper along that line well past the shoal and you might catch lake trout.
  13. 1656557223227.png

1656557223227.png

14. jrr

Port Dover

I head out of Dover... I haven't tried perch close to there, but my bet would be to go to the other side of the shoal to the left (as you come out) of the marina and fish the deep spot that is pretty much on the other side of the marina wall and move around the rock piles until you find weeds...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks