How far west of Long Point does one need to go?

jrr

Seeing a window of opportunity in the wind forecast for Thursday I am considering taking my dad and his seriously ill long time friend (who taught me to fish as a kid) out of Port Dover (where my boat is). But. I can manage to work to get 3-4 fish on inside of the point over a few hours, I would really like to give him the Burwell experience…. But I can’t pull my boat out of the water to drive it there. So. How far do I need to go? My guess was ~12 miles past the lighthouse to where 70FOW is a wider band on the chart.

That would make for a 45-50 min run from Port Dover.

I got the bigger boat for kids and their grandparents but the fishing has made my choice of location for it great for the beach days and perch… and coho in the spring. I haven’t been able to figure out how to get walleye to hit more often this year.

Try coming back 5-8 miles west of the Lighthouse. There’s plenty of deep
water. I’ve done well there but haven’t been out there in the last 2 weeks

Not even that far. I start trolling right at the lighthouse. It’s bow territory right off the point and you can tell when the water changes colour to a lighter green and the currents are less strong you end up in Walleye land.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks