Youngs Creek No Access?

I have fished Youngs a lot over the years but access has been an issue. From what I can tell from the online MNRF/MAGR mapping the Snowden Tract is not accessible anymore based on the parcels you can see in this picture. Also, with the parking issues I have avoided this spot for a few seasons now. Too bad, a great creek to walk through the cooler seasons. As mentioned above, may not be the best place to fish, but myself and friends have many a memory along this local stream. Hope this can be resolved.

Attachments

• YoungsCreek_Snowden.png
    YoungsCreek_Snowden.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Any updates on this little stretch of water?

When I originally inquired to LPRCA they said there is an old lane from 24 that accesses the property. I haven't looked for it though. TC

I will go and take a look around and give the LPR a call today. Who knows someone might answer who knows.

I will go and take a look around and give the LPR a call today. Who knows someone might answer who knows.
I contacted them in the spring and was told the access was blocked because of garbage and litter dumping there. There is no right of way or legal access off the road at that location and they said "they continue to work towards a solution, but do not have an answer yet."

Were approx. is the access point located and does it have any signs?

Take the Vittoria road off #24. When you go down the hill into Vittoria turn left on mill pond road, go all the way to the end. Just across the old steel bridge there use to be a parking lot with the Sowden tract sign. Its been about a year since my last visit and the bridge was still there. The sign and parking lot are long gone:(

Take the Vittoria road off #24. When you go down the hill into Vittoria turn left on mill pond road, go all the way to the end. Just across the old steel bridge there use to be a parking lot with the Sowden tract sign. Its been about a year since my last visit and the bridge was still there. The sign and parking lot are long gone:(
That's gated off now and no access across the bridge. Its posted as well. The access i speak is further east of there . You would need an atv to get down .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks