Yak Attack 3, Lake O

King Joe

Headed out off 40 Creek Park with my new yak buddy. On water about 0800. Slight NE wind...and no bugs. Water crystal clear. Ran out to about 32' dpw and set up. Buddy lead line and lure on one...and dipsey/lure on other. Me, both rods; 30' divers and Apex.

We ran out to about 40-ish...then parallel to shore increasingly getting deeper. Decided to turn and head out...I was looking for about 60. I wasn't marking much on the finder.

On the run, Watermelon jet hits....and good fight later land a nice -12 pound laker. Buddy lands a laker. I have a hit and off. Buddy hits and snaps off. I hit and fight...long fight...and land an ~25-ish pound laker and see that while I was fighting, buddy also had his own huge fight. His was at least 30 pounds!!! A few fish later for both of us...all lakers. Buddy also landed a lake BIGGER than the 30.

LONG paddle/pedal back (he has pedal yak)...against the wind...back off water by 1300. Great day for yak attack. I went 5 for 6 with one in the 25# range....and I think buddy went 4 for 5 but 2 were 30+. Most mine were on Watermelon though Army Truck accounted for 2. The hit and miss was on Purple Haze. I think buddy's were all off his lead line and variations of green spoon.

Great Day!

King Joe, Outa Here!

Headed out off 40 Creek Park with my new yak buddy. On water about 0800. Slight NE wind...and no bugs. Water crystal clear. Ran out to about 32' dpw and set up. Buddy lead line and lure on one...and dipsey/lure on other. Me, both rods; 30' divers and Apex.

We ran out to about 40-ish...then parallel to shore increasingly getting deeper. Decided to turn and head out...I was looking for about 60. I wasn't marking much on the finder.

On the run, Watermelon jet hits....and good fight later land a nice -12 pound laker. Buddy lands a laker. I have a hit and off. Buddy hits and snaps off. I hit and fight...long fight...and land an ~25-ish pound laker and see that while I was fighting, buddy also had his own huge fight. His was at least 30 pounds!!! A few fish later for both of us...all lakers. Buddy also landed a lake BIGGER than the 30.

LONG paddle/pedal back (he has pedal yak)...against the wind...back off water by 1300. Great day for yak attack. I went 5 for 6 with one in the 25# range....and I think buddy went 4 for 5 but 2 were 30+. Most mine were on Watermelon though Army Truck accounted for 2. The hit and miss was on Purple Haze. I think buddy's were all off his lead line and variations of green spoon.

Great Day!

King Joe, Outa Here!
Another great Yak report @King Joe thanks for sharing & congratulations to the both of you!! ???:cool:

Thanks Red. It was a fun day. Nice to see the big Lakers. Apex seems to be the ticket, for me.

King Joe Outa Here!
Good to know @King Joe about the Apex working great on the lakers,for where I fish on Lake Huron,there are a lot of lakers there.I also still want to try the Apex lure’s for trolling on lake huron this year for salmon as well & I will let you know on how they worked out for me for the salmon.Tight lines to you & Apex lakers & salmon ON!! ???:cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks