? WOW!! Expensive Walleye’s(Pickerel)—EH!!

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
It’s cheaper to catch your own walleye,(pickerel)!! See photo from a local grocery store from yesterday.Also,it has been a pleasure so far to meet @SonsOfPerchin & also meeting another member of stomps,@Cam Reeves,who I met up with last saturday with his friend,Adam,and I fished with them for a few hours that day,and we had a great time. @Wave Runner & myself will be fishing soon before the walleye season ends on the Thames river,east of the Kiel Bridge,(Chatham). 48A15F2B-0165-4E93-A7A9-B3DEB090E29C.jpegGood Luck to All,& Walleye’s ON!! ????

Attachments

• 492F15D3-B525-4165-8FB7-D5967FE5B144.jpeg
    492F15D3-B525-4165-8FB7-D5967FE5B144.jpeg
    901.4 KB · Views: 103
  • D5E739D6-FE04-4A02-B6B8-F8F25CA0DAF8.jpeg
    D5E739D6-FE04-4A02-B6B8-F8F25CA0DAF8.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I saw some prices last year that were close to $26/lb...I can't afford that, but I also can't afford to go out this year before the end of the month now, have to make this tank of gas I have last until the 27th...... damn cold/flu took care of any fishing plans I thought I had....no it's still not quite finished with me yet......When you and WR go out before the season closes this side of the Kiel Bridge, catch a few for me and tell me how I did ok lol. I'm goin back to bed, wake me up when cold/flu season is over.o_O

This was in the fall at NoFrills
ha9Y7Kx.jpg

This was in the fall at NoFrills

By the time you fillet those however you're going to lose around half of the weight which brings them up to $16/lb once they're tidied up. Typically the fillets are about 1/3 of the weight of the live fish but these are gutted so let call them 1/2 for arguments sake. Still a far cry from 26 bucks a lb but a lot more than they appear at first glance.... We are still justified in going to catch our own in either case! I'm not being argumentative FF I am just concerned what will happen if my wife thinks we can by walleye fillets for $8 bucks/lb.

Last edited:
It’s cheaper to catch your own walleye,(pickerel)!! See photo from a local grocery store from yesterday.Also,it has been a pleasure so far to meet @SonsOfPerchin & also meeting another member of stomps,@Cam Reeves,who I met up with last saturday with his friend,Adam,and I fished with them for a few hours that day,and we had a great time. @Wave Runner & myself will be fishing soon before the walleye season ends on the Thames river,east of the Kiel Bridge,(Chatham). View attachment 8019Good Luck to All,& Walleye’s ON!! ????

It was a great time! I wont be going out tonight (tues) but i will be out weds night for a while. After that i guess its trout time untill i can get my hands on some crappie.

Speaking for the guys but tell their wives the fish is paying for the stuff we buy we should all agree... $7..99 a pound clean is 24 bucks. Lol Still the cheapest addiction I have, and priceless moments

Definitely a great time @Cam Reeves.Good Luck to the rest of your Walleye Season,& yesterday I only ended up by accidentally snagging a Walleye,(photo),which of course was released.I also met @triggerfish on the riverbank,who came over to me while I was fishing,and he introduced himself to me.I have met quite a few members from stomps website page along the Thames River.I am looking forward to fishing with @Wave Runner again soon on the Thames river.We haven’t fished together since last summer out of his boat for Walleye’s.Tight Lines & Walleye’s ON!! ????

Attachments

• 1435D64F-2170-4098-99B0-BAFFE07FC97F.jpeg
    1435D64F-2170-4098-99B0-BAFFE07FC97F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks