Wonderful Fall Fishing

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Oh lovely conditions again today with a perfect walleye chop with east wind at 31 kph gusting to 51 kph and 11.2 ft. waves at the PS weather buoy. ? Why am I not fishing today??? :rolleyes: :wacky: :banhappy:

Yah!! Why aren’t you fishing today @Wave Runner ?? We love reading your fishing reports from your day of fishing on lake erie There is still time to hook up your boat!! lol :ROFLMAO:;) Yesterday,I looked at the long range marine forecast,(@windy),and Monday of next week looked promising to be out fishing again on lake erie for walleye’s.But,that changed again because of those nasty winds!!:( I will be sorting out my tackle today,especially the pike tackle for the upcoming LPBAA Fall Pike Classic.Hopefully the winds will
be kind to us that day & pike ON!! ??? $$$$o_O;)?:)

Tomorrow isn't looking too bad with a north wind on the bay. We wont get many more.

Anybody can fish in "fair" weather and calm seas. Lets wait till it gets a little nasty and see if we are up to the challenge.

Oh lovely conditions again today with a perfect walleye chop with east wind at 31 kph gusting to 51 kph and 11.2 ft. waves at the PS weather buoy. ? Why am I not fishing today??? :rolleyes: :wacky: :banhappy:
I am getting pissed with this whole thing. Anyone have any suggestions for trolling steelhead at this time of year? Where and what. I prefer north shore nomandale ryerson area.

I moved here from bc last fall. The Skeena, Bulkley and Nechako rivers are unforgettable. Bears wont bother you if you dont get between the snow and the Cubs. They are breathe taking to see in their own element. Makes it all worth while. And gives you a bit of an adrenalin rush too. There are so many more great rivers there if you have the time. The cariboo river and the quesnel rivers are awesome for nice bows 1 to 5 lbs and bull trout from 2 to 8 lbs. In the fall the coho run too. I loved those 2 rivers. Bella Coola is great too. Stay at Rip Rap campground and cabins and fish any of the big runs starting in June/July going til October November.

I moved here from bc last fall. The Skeena, Bulkley and Nechako rivers are unforgettable. Bears wont bother you if you dont get between the snow and the Cubs. They are breathe taking to see in their own element. Makes it all worth while. And gives you a bit of an adrenalin rush too. There are so many more great rivers there if you have the time. The cariboo river and the quesnel rivers are awesome for nice bows 1 to 5 lbs and bull trout from 2 to 8 lbs. In the fall the coho run too. I loved those 2 rivers. Bella Coola is great too. Stay at Rip Rap campground and cabins and fish any of the big runs starting in June/July going til October November.
That was SOW and her Cubs.

it's too bad we don't get many hurricanes on the Great Lakes... fishing in a hurricane would be an awesome challenge
It is @stomp . I keep the rod tip low to the water so the wind doesn't alter my drifts too much and make sure the wind is at your back to make long casts easier. Horizontal driving rains pummeling your back is a massage no shower head can match. You just have to stay away from the trees because you will never hear them falling with your hood pulled up so tight. Hurricane Opal was an awesome day of fishing even though I never caught a thing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks