Wildwood

wdodgetruck

Took my son for a hike at Wildwood Dam today. The water is way low . The dam has been open since the end of Aug. For repairs .I brought my gps and marked some stumps, sunken logs drop off and a gravel bed . Could not believe all of the pop cans and beer bootles on the lake bed.
DSCF1949_zps2d3b96a1.jpg

DSCF1955_zps6153afec.jpg

DSCF1952_zps62a87afa.jpg

DSCF1949_zps2d3b96a1.jpg

DSCF1958_zpsdf843f51.jpg

DSCF1964_zpsf38267f0.jpg

i drive by there 2 or 3 times a week and have been watching it drop usually 6 or 7 ft at a time would be a really great concentration of pike and bass in the center right now

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Great Pictures! I guess that's why they banned boating earlier in the season. The pictures remind me of my trip to Belwood Lake in August. Extremely low water levels. Boat docks were 50 to 100 feet from the edge of the water.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work

As a part of the Thames River Conservation Authority the Wildwood and Pittock Lakes are usually brought down at this time of year to accommodate excess runoff for the springtime.
Even though the levels everywhere on these inland reservoirs were low all summer they still lower the levels in the fall.

The dam has been open since the end of Aug for repairs. I know that they lower it for spring run off. It is this low for repairs as stated in the post .

jtman,I was also concerned about the decimation this will cause during the Ice Fishing Season.I would LOVE to see a closed Ice Fishing Season on Wildwood Lake,not only for this year,but also other year`s.If a Closed Season was not possible,a Slot Size for Pike would be a start.Thank Goodness Bass Season will be Closed on December 1,2012 in Zone 16(Wildwood Lake).Just my concerns for the Conservation of Fishing on this particular Lake,during the LOW Water Conditions.Practice "Catch & Release"for Future Generations to Enjoy.Just my opinion and Hopefully also other`s.8D

RED FISH

Thanks for posting the interesting pic's wdodgetruck. I live about 16 km from there. Actually canoed from the dam all the way to as far as you can see. That was 30 years ago.! Just don't have it now LOL.

Years back I used to fish wildwood a lot...the perch fishing was fantastic..pike found their way into the lake and the perch fishing went down the tubes...I really don't think taking a larger amount of pike out of the lake this winter will be detrimental to the future fishing in the lake...possibly the perch numbers will come back.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks