Wildwood

garric

Wildwood closed to boating due to low water levels.
http://ionstratford.ca/2012/08/29/wildwood-closed-lake-for-boating-due-to-low-water-levels/

Born To Fish, Forced To Work

garric,I was originally going to Fish Lake Erie tomorrow out of my friends Boat,but he was called back to work early,starting tomorrow,after having the summer off,therefore I was going to Fish out of my Boat instead on Wildwood Lake,but due to the lower water levels liked you mentioned,it is also not going to happen.I read about this also earlier,therefore I called an employee from Wildwood Lake this afternoon,to see that I would still be able to at least fish from a Kayak,(which I occassionally fish from),but that is also prohibited on the Lake.[V][:(!]This is the first time that I know of,that Wildwood Lake has ever had Lake levels this low by the end of August.I will miss the Fall Fishing this year on the Lake,it is always a productive & Fun time.;)The lack of rain has really devastated a lot of the Lakes and River`s.Anglers may still be able to Fish from shore though,on Wildwood Lake.:)

RED FISH

Red Hering,I was wondering about canoeing at Wildwood. I guess you answered that one for me. I went up to Belwood Lake a week ago. Some of the docks were 20 and 30 feet from the water. Water level looks to be down 10 ft. Boating was restricted past the bridge and they were handing out maps to show the shallow areas.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work

garric,I was surprised that Canoe`s & Kayak`s are also Banned from Wildwood Lake.I guess it is all about Safety.The positive outcome from this would be,that there will be a lot more Fish in the Lake next year,due to the lack of Fishing Pressure on Wildwood the remainder of this year.Long Point Bay will be my next outing,once the water Temperature dip down a bit more for Perch,Pike & Bass.See you on the water.8D

RED FISH

I was out to LP inner bay today (only second time ever). I see great potential there for fishing but was really surprised at the water level in Little Rice Bay. I imagine that area is great pike grounds if the water was 2+ feet deeper.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks