Wildwood Dam Ice Fishing Anyone ?

Huron

Stratford paper had a pic of a boy proudly holding a two foot pike. Ice must be o.k. ? I may go but lake access is awkward and uninviting the way the conservation park there is set up. Anybody know more? Huron.

Stratford paper had a pic of a boy proudly holding a two foot pike. Ice must be o.k. ? I may go but lake access is awkward and uninviting the way the conservation park there is set up. Anybody know more? Huron.
@Huron sorry,because I can’t help
you out about how the ice condition is out on Wildwood Lake,because it is a lot further from London for me to drive there to Wildwood Lake,and Fanshawe Lake is way closer to me from my house,and I thought that I would post about Fanshawe Lake,in case you might be interested. While I was enjoying my McCafe 565169B3-96DA-41BD-A8EE-F1E0C3BF5AC5.jpeg at Fanshawe Lake this morning,I noticed ice fishermen out on the lake,3E108735-CB15-480F-9438-A33D13D738D5.jpeg way up from Fanshawe Dam,just past the rowing club on the right side.I am just assuming that the ice thickness is safe there,but there is also a sign by Fanshawe Lake of its Danger!!88CA3846-9BA7-44D4-8808-9432CB7A6F11.jpeg There are more walleye’s there,(old photo’s of walleye’s 37997B54-2BA7-4FB8-9FEC-49808A5D0A68.jpeg 5168265C-D134-47CA-B943-3B75447B152C.jpeg D0369194-76DD-4F77-8DC9-BE745192BEC6.jpeg caught from a couple of years ago from Fanshawe Lake),than pike,and the lake can be a “hit & miss” for steady fishing action & that’s fishing,right?? lol :ROFLMAO: Here is also a photo of @Reddog with a walleye 9FAF02BD-5AF0-47F0-B1C5-233D3FC1C253.jpeg that he caught from out of his portable fishing hut that day.?? It was a great morning today to be out at Fanshawe Lake,and I even noticed a deer enjoying the cold and beautiful morning as well,0FFE69A2-271A-4ADC-B026-98911B9E9BAD.jpeg while I was there.Be safe,wherever and if you are going out ice fishing. ???:cool:

Last edited:
I normally see ppl park on the south side of the bridge and walk in, and there was reports of ppl out on the ice yesterday.

Hello I am wanting to fish on Fanshaw through the ice , but have no idea how to get down to the lake . I am a bit handicapped as i have two artificial knees and need a fairly easy access point . Could you direct me to the right spot . Thank you Oh and thank you for sharing your post on Fanshaw

Hello I am wanting to fish on Fanshaw through the ice , but have no idea how to get down to the lake . I am a bit handicapped as i have two artificial knees and need a fairly easy access point . Could you direct me to the right spot . Thank you Oh and thank you for sharing your post on Fanshaw
@Hunny -Du Thanks ? and there is plenty of free parking there on your right at the stop sign before the yellow gates at Fanshawe Dam.From there,walk on the pavement past the UTRCA Administration building that will be on your left,till the pavement behind the building stops,and from there you should be able to see Fanshawe Lake.The walking will then become more difficult,for the snow could be over the ankle deep,and even up to the knee caps.I haven’t walked it yet this year,(but I will likely walk it through next week),and that’s how I figure what the walking will be like,just like in the previous year’s when I walked the path/trail to the lake.The uneven walk in the snow to the lake is about a half to a full block.I hope that this helps you & good luck if you go and fish at Fanshawe Lake & tight lines & Be Safe!! ????

Just an update yesterday from Fanshawe Lake for anyone that is still considering to perhaps to go ice fishing there such as @Hunny -Du who was recently asking me from my Fanshawe Lake post last Friday,February 14/20 on what the best way is to access the Lake was.Here are some updated photo’s of fanshawe lake,the shoreline is starting to break away somewhat,61774F9B-6A73-4EAE-93D3-3838D2630DEC.jpeg 282AE8CD-FFDF-4704-9A0C-9537A42583F8.jpeg and especially behind Fanshawe Dam,81A4FCC3-0252-4822-BAB8-8C6B03DECB9E.jpeg the lake looks very unsafe!!?? Back to walleye fishing for me on the thames riverbank,F65F523F-8DB3-4506-A951-71699ACB6C35.jpeg EFFBB486-13DE-42D6-AC21-F4443FA8B1DC.jpeg F771595A-DA4F-49A7-9458-76B00552E334.jpeg were I will feel much safer!! ????

Last edited:
It was great meeting you yesterday at the river. Good luck fishing there until March 15th. It really is terrible the ministry closes the river for almost 2 months.

It was great meeting you yesterday at the river. Good luck fishing there until March 15th. It really is terrible the ministry closes the river for almost 2 months.
Great meeting you yesterday as well @Mercury Rising and it was funny when you first said to me,oh,you are the guy with the “Thumbs Up” all the time!! lol :ROFLMAO: ?;) I didn’t see you at the river today were we met yesterday & I ended up fishing upriver a stretch of the thames river that I always wanted to fish,and I fished there for a couple of hours.I caught one walleye which I released to spawn another day.With the walleye season closing for 2 months on March 15/20,I will enjoy the walleye season as much as I can for now. We will likely cross paths again,now that we know who we are,and where we both like to fish around that part of the thames river. Tight lines & walleye’s ON!! ?? ?:cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks