where to launch from in port bruce

bow slayer

been about 10 years or more since I have been out at bruce but thinking going this afternoon,where is a good place to launch. thanks

North Erie Marina.
First left as you come down the hill.
Reports of very shallow water at launch further upstream.

Hi Bow Slayer

We ate located at 3344 Bank St. Watch for the North Erie Marina signs. Water depth isn't a problem where we are. If your coming from Aylmer we are on the left hand side coming down the hill into Port Bruce. If you are coming along Dexter Line, hang a left at Stop sign coming into Port Bruce and Then your first right. The fishing has been GREAT down here! Hope to see you this afternoon

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

thanks for the replies....how is the lake shaping up for this afternoon,i have a son who does not like a very lumpy ride....thanks

Still catching lots of perch, just picked up again last week. Guys are doing really well. Haven't seen the lake, lots of boats still out...

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

also how much to launch and for minnows want to make sure i have enough cash on me unless you have debit. thanks

hummm... who say s ???? we all do quite fine up stream.. we don t wait for no one ... till the second bend in river and have a good time but we just fish in small 20 ft boats no need for a ships ..

quote:
Originally posted by rushcreek
hummm... who say s ???? we all do quite fine up stream.. we don t wait for no one ... till the second bend in river and have a good time but we just fish in small 20 ft boats no need for a ships ..

How about you?
A quote from an other site.(20 Aug)

"we are getting low on water in about a 500 ft strech of river, but i guess thats why 100 ,000 plus tax dollars in dreging a year for past 28 years has been done, this year with the best weather to do so they brought in two machines to do it , and what did they do? nothing, sat on river bank for 5 months and did even remove a single shovel full and left , all we got for that kind of money this year ,was to supply a parking spot for two dregers, were did all the money or funding go? according to malhide tws and cat fish creek conservation budget reports they had plenty to do so and allocated for this? so were did it go????? and why wasn t it done? so what happens in the future ,it effects everyone here, this is a bad president for the future of port bruce

Brian rush creek"

That was your reply to this post.(18 Aug)

"Was out to bruce today ruch creek has no water have to walk your boat through the mud only 2 feet of water but the bonus is everyone had a limit on perch that I talked to and not knocking rush creek it's not there fault have used them many times last year no problem good luck"

i guess you didn t drive far anoff into town to see they are pumping down the water table to install new water lines and fire hydrents on a dry year and so are the farmers as well but who can blame them next year will be better here in BRUCE FOR EVERY ONE

I'm not saying it's your fault at all but your post questioning my earlier post about low water levels was BS.
You knew there is a problem but tried to gloss it over.
If people can't trust your replies it will bite you in the end.
My first post in this thread was partially based on your reply on the other forum.

i understand but we should all be consern so we all can enjoy this great place and if you and i and others don t speak up ... what will happen in the very new future look what happens to other lake erie ports , in the past

Props been broke off and the whole bit at Rush Creek... pay $10 and noone around. And yes have to get wet, muddy to get your boat out. If the water is too low, I would hope that it would be told to me before we launch. Then it would be my choice if i wanted to risk screwing up the prop or not. NEVER AGAIN! Boaters BEWARE!

Hum,once again , now ethier you drove right threw the block off ramp for past two weeks or you can t read ,and if no one was around who did you pay? and on erlear posts here by you, you sware up and down the other place is the only place to launch here so what are you doing here? other then b.s and if your the guy who we think you are you should may be raise the out drive before puttng in so don t blame us anyways if that is the case i will happy to replace prop , but the same low water condition apply every were right now not just here in Port Bruce I think you need to take this up with a higher authorty maybe the rain gods and all boaters here should be aware that at the old bridge emboutment in the center of river there is still a cement piller under water that is causing the problem at low water,a couple 100ft away from the other place this hole river is down 3 to 4 feet, just yesterday the Catfish Creek Conservation Autherty stated they just spent once again 17,000 dollars to a do a study once again this year to tell us once again there is a problem here east of the bridge not west of the bridge and whats there plan do nothing ,we wiil study it again next year again budget for this year in dregding "0"......but found 120,000 grant to fix problems at there own trailer park and lake

sorry about your luck bring boat by and we will do what we can

Pass on Rush Creek launch ramp is very rough low water poor dock.Save time and money go to NorthErie Marina also has live bait better attude.Same Price

Well... as you can plainly see my username it says fishinchik, so, sorry.. not the "guy" you think I am. As far as using your ramp, I was with a friend that day that wanted to try it out. But after the attitude you have displayed here, I will never return. How can you be a business owner and be so rude as to ask "what was I doing there?" No worries bud..if i have my way, neither will anyone I know. And the day I paid, I paid some big guy who just pointed me in the right direction. I meant noone around as in noone around to help or anything...

well now it is clear you wern t here you were across the river at the "other guys place" we been closed down for well over two weekes due to road construction one week two weeks ago for hydro and service contections to improve on park services, and ramp has been formed up for well over two weeks to improve on all ramps here since that is the only benifit to the low water conditions ..as for my additude i wonder why when some one does this kind of stuff and make comments with out the facts , many many people come by here and can t belive what has been acomplished here in one year of construction and shake my hand we have been directing every one to the other 2 places here so we can make the best of things for this year we have taken more bookings then we could ever of hoped for for next year because we do have the right additude and people see the work being done first hand as for low water some of us from here and 2 other area ports have gotten togther and made a huge private investment to solve these problems since we can not rely on others that just do studies

I dont want to argue.. I am stating the facts.. I know where Rouse's is. I was at Rush Creek... the one with the peacocks in the cage. Anyways, I just wanted to warn people that the creek is low and dont launch up the creek as it isnt pretty...And it doesn't matter anyways, I am intitled to my opinion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks