Where to go Saturday

Minnownite

Weather is looking BEAUTIFUL for Saturday. Eye's are starting to turn on outa burwell from reports ive seen here. OR go to Bronte and try there. The struggle is real lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot (79).png
    Screenshot (79).png
    533.3 KB · Views: 37
The cohos and rainbows have been on fire out of Bronte. Big Kings for this time of year as well. 100-150 fow for kings. Out deep for huge rainbow and non stop cohos action.

Tuff call .....
Lake O ...tends to have more FISHABLE days (weekends) than lake Erie. So I usually go to Erie ...when weather allows.

I've been to lake O 4 times in last month....and average 5 -8 fish per trip

Got skunked at Bruce 3 weeks ago ...but wasn't expecting much..... probably hitting bruce again soon

Don't need meat rigs. I just find the big ones like it more. Green Spoons will always catch fish any time of the year. Flashers have caught fish but spoons more. I always run one flasher and fly just to attract the fish. Once they get close, they can decide what they want. Fish are up high this year. Most people run Riggers down 35-60ft. Last week I ran 50 and 60 ft all day. Cheater lines have been great. They will cover the water above the main lines. Lead core 7-10 colours doing well. Wire Dipsy also caught fish. I start with 110 ft out and let out 10 ft each time until I get a hit. Change up your spoons if nothing in 45 minutes.

I'm taking my 12 year old son out for his first Ontario trip. Grimsby because there is less boat traffic and sometimes more productive. First Time I will be running 6 rods.

Question on this thread about Bronte, I’ve been fishing a few times this week and got some nice salmon but lots of fish coming up for a look with no payoff. What speed should I be running? Been doing 2.5-3 mph

I don't have a fish hawk. I troll 2.7 to 3.0 gps. If there is current I will adjust speed by the angle of the downrigger cable. I always look at it and try to remember the angle after the first fish. We see from others who post under water cam videos that fish would follow or come up and lost interest. They also follow without striking. I would try to troll in s pattern or speed up just for a second and back the speed back to trigger the followers in striking. I also think they come up to investigate and are not interested in the colour or action of the spoon. That's the reason I change lures often. This is why I love trolling for salmon so much. Its like a game to me. We see the fish are there from the sonar. Now try to get them to take the bait. LOL.

Question on this thread about Bronte, I’ve been fishing a few times this week and got some nice salmon but lots of fish coming up for a look with no payoff. What speed should I be running? Been doing 2.5-3 mph
Keep switching things up....speed anywhere from 2 - 4 mph ..... I used to do allot of figure 8's.....if inside rods hit ....could be you where going to fast ...if outside rods hit ...too slow .....or just the sudden change triggered hits .

Also adjust lead from ball ....but I have best success with 25 - 30 lead

Glasgow in the morning and strawberry picking with kids in the afternoon.
Or, Burwell in the morning and strawberry picking with kids in the afternoon.
Or, Port Colborn in the morning and strawberry picking with kids in the afternoon.
Or, Bronte/LPF/50pt in the morning and strawberry picking with kids in the afternoon.
;)

Glasgow in the morning and strawberry picking with kids in the afternoon.
Or, Burwell in the morning and strawberry picking with kids in the afternoon.
Or, Port Colborn in the morning and strawberry picking with kids in the afternoon.
Or, Bronte/LPF/50pt in the morning and strawberry picking with kids in the afternoon.
;)
I'd wait for today's/ evening reports . .before deciding

Back