When's your Go time

Rjohn

Just wondering when everyone's go time is to venture out on the bay.i myself like a solid 6" to 8". Obviously I walk out and spud my way, I have seen thin pockets even with 6 inches of ice.

Just wondering when everyone's go time is to venture out on the bay.i myself like a solid 6" to 8". Obviously I walk out and spud my way, I have seen thin pockets even with 6 inches of ice.
@Rjohn personally,I have waited over the year’s till Jimmy Riggin has put his ice hut’s out off the Old Cut on Long Point Bay. Be safe & Tight Lines to All!! If we do get a ice fishing season this year. 🎣🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
I don't know if he is in the ice fishing business anymore after 2 crappy years. I hope so though.
@dickie he is still in the ice fishing business. I signed up on his mailing list recently,and I just received a email from him last week,that he is anxious to get his ice hut’s out onto the inner bay off Old Cut,once the ice is safe to do so. Here’s hoping for a safe ice fishing season & tight lines!! 🎣🐟👍🙂

Wait for the 4 wheelers & snowmobiles traveling around then will walk out or if your tough & brave enough follow the St William boys out always first on the ice and fall through 1" of ice but they keep on walking and fishing they have no fear and have done this for a few years I think if they see a gull on the ice it's time

When others are on it. Huts, skis and ATVs. Let them be the test rats.

I may be heavy but I'm not as heavy as those.

When others are on it. Huts, skis and ATVs. Let them be the test rats.

I may be heavy but I'm not as heavy as those.
Yep that's what iam thinking. I can't wait for the opp and ministry to be checking for helmets, licenses then they hit ya with covid crap how many showed up in vehicle how many are in huts lol you can't spend the night here cause covid comes out.

6inces and its quad time . Never had an issue anywhere in Canada. Safety gear as always . Iam more interested on whats gonna be open for bait ?

When it is safe for ATV's. I am not lazy but I can't justify the quad just for going to deer camp once a year.,

Usually when the ambient air temperature gets closer to 60 degrees Fahrenheit. 🤪🤣
Yeah, what you said.:ROFLMAO: I'll go when my "hibernation cycle" says its time to go which is always sometime around mid April to early May. By then I should be out of the reserves I put in the freezer last year. ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks