When did possession limit change?

I sent @ twister the copy of the post I made about "gifting" several years ago the other day.

I went out for a walk yesterday with fish I was gifting to my neighbors that came out of my freezer. They were all thrilled, but they were also all told yesterday was the last time until I get out and catch some more which will be happening soon, but not soon enough ;):ROFLMAO:.

Everyone I "gift" fish too is spoiled rotten. I catch'em. I clean'em. I deliver it to them, and hell a couple times for some of them, I've even cooked it for them. :giggle::wacky:o_O:):ROFLMAO:

Just found out my sister in law likes fish too. Loves perch, has never, to her knowledge, had walleye, 😲so tomorrow since I'm making the drive out to their place way over the other side of town to take our tax info to her husband (who is a financial adviser and has done our taxes for several years,) I'm taking her a package of each out of my freezer. :) I might even cook the walleye for them for lunch, maybe. ;)

Bottom line if you have a LEO coming to your house asking to see fish or game in your freezer they've been watching you a while now they gotcha

I don’t know anyone who has ever been visited by the CO’s just to have a peak in their freezer.
I do, but it wasn't for fishing, it was for hunting. One of his neighbors reported him. He played nice with them, and they thought they had him right up until he showed them his status card. That ended the visit in a hurry.

Bottom line if you have a LEO coming to your house asking to see fish or game in your freezer they've been watching you a while now they gotcha
If this scenario ever happened
They wouldn’t knock or ask
You’ll be sitting there watching tv all of a sudden they will be in your house searching threw everything.

If this scenario ever happened
They wouldn’t knock or ask
You’ll be sitting there watching tv all of a sudden they will be in your house searching threw everything.
Are you speaking from experience @Derkd9 ?

Catch your limit keep within it
Having max possession limit of perch / walleye for our household of 2 with sport licenses is more than enough to last from November till April and give some away as well
I could never understand why people who do break the rules do it

Are you speaking from experience @Derkd9 ?
Hahaha not at my house
But we were pulled over leaving long point once and before I could roll my window down to say hello they were searching threw my boat and coolers and what not.
I found it funny seemed like they thought for sure they would find something hahaha.

Having max possession limit of perch / walleye for our household of 2 with sport licenses is more than enough to last from November till April and give some away as well
Addiction

CO needs a search warrant for your house. Not for your boat or your truck or your cottage. Just for your primary residence. I'm not worried between all the licenses and the status card at home it should never be an issue. The thing that would have maybe got me was not realizing the change and my lazy buddy who likes to catch fish but hates to clean them trying to give me his when I drop him off. I go out of my way to follow the rules and now I have to read them every year.

Hahaha not at my house
But we were pulled over leaving long point once and before I could roll my window down to say hello they were searching threw my boat and coolers and what not.
I found it funny seemed like they thought for sure they would find something hahaha.
Same thing here! Got pulled over at the 401 and hwy25 just minutes from home!

They jumped in the boat and “tossed” it. Rods at the side of the highway, gear pulled out stuff all over the place. Before even coming to the window of my truck!

The one CO came up to the window finally and yelled “where is the live well!!!” (my old princecraft didn’t have one)

I said wtf and he said they had been tipped off about a blue princecraf boat leaving Victoria harbour with an illegal (waaay over limit).

They agreed wasn’t me, apologized for the mistake and helped pack the boat up.

I said “noooo problem at all boys, keep up the good work”. Hopefully they got the poachers at another spot

Same thing here! Got pulled over at the 401 and hwy25 just minutes from home!

They jumped in the boat and “tossed” it. Rods at the side of the highway, gear pulled out stuff all over the place. Before even coming to the window of my truck!

The one CO came up to the window finally and yelled “where is the live well!!!” (my old princecraft didn’t have one)

I said wtf and he said they had been tipped off about a blue princecraf boat leaving Victoria harbour with an illegal (waaay over limit).

They agreed wasn’t me, apologized for the mistake and helped pack the boat up.

I said “noooo problem at all boys, keep up the good work”. Hopefully they got the poachers at another spot
surprised they helped load back up... they did not extend the same courtesy to us.. and acted like we were lying about not getting to fish because I had boat troubles (this was with my old boat)
don't get mad you didn't find what you thought you would find

Hahaha not at my house
Sorry cops the weed is already up in smoke ahhahaha.

Same here @Ticker. What I put in the freezer from last year, as with most other years, lasts me from when I go back into hibernation usually end of Sept, (last year was end of August because I was totally maxed on everything, catfish, perch, walleye and rainbow) until right around now or the end of the month when I'm about to come out of hibernation. I also give some away to family and neighbors, (did so last week for the neighbors and just before Easter for my parents) Granted although I do get into it a bit through the season I caught it, and a little after I've gone back into hibernation, usually it's January, before I really get into it but regardless of when I do, it's ALWAYS gone just before I come out of hibernation. This year will be no different. I'm almost out now so what I had that I didn't give away has lasted me from August til now.

The walleye daily limit is still 6 per day and 6 in possession for 2023 as it has been for as long as I can remember. However, being in the autumn of life my memory isn't that reliable anymore. LOL!
Well Wave Runner, you won't have to worry about the autumn of your life anymore.....because the way thinga are going these days they are going to do away the seasons.....LOL 😊 😊 😊

CO needs a search warrant for your house. Not for your boat or your truck or your cottage. Just for your primary residence. I'm not worried between all the licenses and the status card at home it should never be an issue. The thing that would have maybe got me was not realizing the change and my lazy buddy who likes to catch fish but hates to clean them trying to give me his when I drop him off. I go out of my way to follow the rules and now I have to read them every year.
CO does not and I repeat does not need a search warrant to search your house. Only law enforcement entity that does not need a search warrant.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks