What is your go to bug repellant?

Troll really, really fast ? Otherwise I'm with Derkd9 but at 64 years old I look silly doing the Deet Free Dance so long pants, shoes, long sleeve shirt sprayed with Deet is my usual but caution the use of it on your hands as that stuff will eat paint, varnish and god knows what else that it comes in contact with. I wish I could find those replica Dragonflies that clip on your hat as they keep the flies away.
I have one!! Lol. My buddy’s dad had a mystery Amazon shipment of these show up on his door. They look absurd, but can’t say if they work! Might try it this week up there.

Attachments

• 8DDB681A-A7D9-4ACC-B21B-607D7DFB9680.jpeg
    8DDB681A-A7D9-4ACC-B21B-607D7DFB9680.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 70
This stuff works great and it's deet free.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-212830.png
    Screenshot_20210821-212830.png
    638.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I wear rubber boots. Open 16 ft boat though. Some days my feet get warm, but never have a problem with flies.

I wear rubber boots. Open 16 ft boat though. Some days my feet get warm, but never have a problem with flies.
I sure hope you wear a life preserver at all times in those boots. That’s a one way ticket to the bottom without it! Be safe, brother!

Hey Schmick ; That's pretty cool ! The one my buddy had just clipped on the brim of a hat but one that flies over your head would look more lifelike.
We had some fun with it but couldn’t figure out how to attach it to the quad helmets without screws! 🤣🤣🤣

Love fishing Erie, hate the flies! They were biting particularly hard the other night.
Would love to hear what you use.
Thanks!
I was told to try good old listerine for black flies many years ago and that is all I use now . Has to be the original yellow listerine though . It won't make them leave , but they will not lite on you so long as you spray lots on you and they will keep a good distance back from you. Works for all the biting insects too

Try this, not just for flies, but ticks too

handing the wife a fly swatter is akin to asking for a woopin'..... there's one...wack... there's another one.....wack......lol

Love fishing Erie, hate the flies! They were biting particularly hard the other night.
Would love to hear what you use.
Thanks!
We used Muskol with 30% deet on Saturday morning when it was so calm, seemed to work well, just needed to re-apply one time

I remember Avon's "Skin so Soft" being a big hit as a bug repellent. Do they still sell that stuff ? Probably went the way of Tupperware parties ? LoL !

Runners and blue jeans, works every time, I cant deal with the stinging bastards when I fish, rather sweat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks