Well it’s official,I finally winterized my boat…Saturday,November 25,2023. 🚤🎣🐟🤷

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
It wasn’t the greatest year of Lake Erie walleye fishing for me,and sometimes with my wife at times as well. A total of 3 times out on Lake Erie with our boat. But,at least the walleye fishing wasn’t too bad,the times that we did get out! 👍 Outboard motor problems with my 2007 Mercury 90 4-stroke Tiller,became the issue again,just like last year! 👎 This time,just very recently,my forward gear on my tiller outboard is stuck in gear!! ( video). I will get it fixed next year in the Spring. In the meantime though, I had picked up some gear lubricants for both of my outboard motors,( 90 & 9.9 Mercury 4 stroke’s ), @Xtreme Marine,last Saturday,November 25th. While I was there, I had the pleasure to meet with @Fishermanpaul and his father by accident there that morning,while they were picking up their boat.Enjoy your new channel 68 decal’s my friends.
View attachment IMG_2158.mov
👍👍🙂 Thanks to @Wave Runner for his invite as well,for taking me out a couple of times this summer,and once with my wife as well,for it was another great time to be limiting out on walleye’s,on both of those trip’s with him out on Lake Erie.👍 Here’s hoping for more tight lines to All,in 2024! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
View attachment IMG_1673.mov

Attachments

• IMG_2166.jpeg
    IMG_2166.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2172.jpeg
    IMG_2172.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1617.jpeg
    IMG_1617.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1677.jpeg
    IMG_1677.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 42
Same here... I fogged the motors and parked it. I don't think I am in any danger of cracking a lower unit case or anything like that. But I plan to at least drain the gear oil (hopefully not water!) today if it warms as much as the forecast says.

Another good year in the books @Red Hering ! Hopefully you get that shifter sorted.

Well Red, it's on ice, then on Thames next.
For sure @stackman1 🎣👍👍🙂 But first,today I will look for some smallmouth & largemouth bass while casting from shore in Zone 16,on the last day of the Bass Season today. Last years photo’s of some late season of Bass fishing from shore. The odd walleye gets caught & released as well. Hopefully 🤞,some Steelhead fishing will be next for me,in the month of December. Keep warm & tight lines to All! 🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_5155.jpeg
    IMG_5155.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5153.jpeg
    IMG_5153.jpeg
    612.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1446.jpeg
    IMG_1446.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1441.jpeg
    IMG_1441.jpeg
    754.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5152.mov
    16 MB
Same here... I fogged the motors and parked it. I don't think I am in any danger of cracking a lower unit case or anything like that. But I plan to at least drain the gear oil (hopefully not water!) today if it warms as much as the forecast says.

Another good year in the books @Red Hering ! Hopefully you get that shifter sorted.
Changed the oils this evening no water doesn’t appear to be any damage haha
Battery was dead tho had to boost it to start it up

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks