Water Wolf Cooks Bay

SonsofFishes

A buddy and I finally got up to Cooks Bay ice fishing Sunday . Walked out of Gilford a ways and ended up in 22' of water .
Not one keeper size perch but managed my record small one . lol All in all enjoyed getting out on the ice for a day , long over due .
Dropped the water wolf down hoping to see what`s going on at the bottom . Wasn`t sure because of the top 2" was white ice covered with several inches of snow . To my surprise things showed up fairly well . First sat it on bottom for awhile but ended up in a weed patch . Looked cool tho . Then brought it up about 5 or 6' . When at that depth in the vid notice to the right bottom corner you can see my orange bead without a minnow . No idea when that got ripped off but alot of the perch seemed to check it out . At first I was lip hooking them , caught a few but soon as I started hooking them near the tail both poles didn`t stop bouncing the rest of the day . Can`t tell you how many we caught but it was non stop action except for 5 min lulls at times . I dated the vid wrong . Was the 16th not the 6th .
Enjoy !!!

Great to get out before our short ice season ends, even if it's a day of throwbacks. And here I thought we had the smallest dinks on cooks bay..... The crown has now passed onto you (y)

would like to get grandkids up to Gilford for a walk out with ice tent.2hour drive.what time do we have to arrive to get a parking spot?

Back