Water Spouts

Leaky

At 8am this morning the sky looked clear over Burwell and the water has calmed down with the north winds, but the storm cell moving out towards the lighthouse at Longpoint is producing some water spouts. Be careful out there.

DSC_5019copy.jpg

nice image leaky...turned my marine radio on earlier and heard a water spout advisory for erie and huron....I checked exter radar and see a few cells moving west to east of long point and state side..that wrinkle on the horizon looks rough out off shore..

IMG_0380.JPG I was out there fishing solo at the lighthouse. Just started trolling. Started reeling in a double header when I noticed it. Got the fish in, threw the rods down and pounded the boat to bluff bar. Looked like it was barreling down on me. Watched 2 more form and counted 4 at the same time. Couldn't get anymore pics, I was too busy white knuckling it to shoreline. And did it ever get rough fast.IMG_0383.JPG

So this is current conditions? I was going out to he lighthouse this afternoon thinking things were nice and pleasant out there

That was early this morning. By the time I got back to the inner bay it was starting to die down a bit. I would have gone back out trolling but that was enough excitement for one day.
Been getting lots of eyes between the elbow and the lighthouse anywhere from 90 fow to 140 fow the past few weeks. All on ripplin redfins / dipsys and leadcore. A few hogs some days but mostly nice eaters.

seems like we've had allot of these this year, maybe I just haven't paid enough attention in the past....lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks