Off Topic Walleye Specific Net?

On some of the other Erie sites that I'm on they always refer to the Cummings Red White and Blue silicone nets.
I have Ed Cummins pier net, it is octagonal aluminum with neilon mesh, extends 3x to 12 ft. Great pier net but not for the boat. I ended up getting deep rubber mesh from Ego and put it on extendable lucky strike frame. Worked awesome until the round aluminum handle got slightly bent by a boat guest. I still use it but can only collapse to about 1/3

I’ve looked at them. Seems like good quality but the depth of the net is only 18”. More like a basket net. Be nice if a local store had a variety of these options in stock.
They have many styles

On some of the other Erie sites that I'm on they always refer to the Cummings Red White and Blue silicone nets.
I have a cummings red white and blue…..best net I have ever owned. Had all kinds of so called tangle free nets, but the Cummings is truly tangle free, nothing can compare!

Once you drill a hole in the white metal threaded end on those poles I feel you're netting on borrowed time. There are some metal adapters available at most paint stores and I'm sure Rona or the Depot.
Or just go and support Steve in Lambeth or the other Angling stores.
I have one that I’ve used for pier salmon and trout for 20 years now. It’s been retired for the new style that’s much easier to extend. Boated many a king. Pull straight up, not out! Will last a lifetime!

I just bought that on sale as well, $40, not bad. I am not impressed with the handle however. It's way to flimsy, sure it will break. I treid swapping out handles with another net but no go.
As Porkpie mentioned, I'll be modifying it.

Kelly and Steve at the outdoorsman in sarnia usually has a good selection of ranger nets, might be worth giving them a call to see if they have what youre looking for

Ive had the Cumings red white and blue net for over a year now, best net Ive ever used. No nylon threading to get barbs hooked to, long handle that telescopes

I just received the EGO S2 long reach deep rubber net... seems pretty solid, some plastic parts, so I will not be throwing it around... not that I treat my equipment like that anyhow... I'll give it a go in the morning and report back

Kelly and Steve at the outdoorsman in sarnia usually has a good selection of ranger nets, might be worth giving them a call to see if they have what youre looking for
I've been watching for a net I like for some time, I've been to all the stores and the options are quite limited, unfortunately.
In all honestly the best selection was at Angling Outfitters in Woodstock but even there I could not find what I like.

I w
have been looking for the same purpose net for a while now. I popped into Angling Outfitters last week and he had a Beckman that caught my attention. Fully stowed it will go down to 55 inches, extended it is 101 end to end. It has a 21 inch hoop and 24 inches deep. I was impressed with how sturdy the handle felt even at full extension.

Can't beat a Stowmaster Tournament Series but they're around nd 300 bucks now...

https://www.norsemenoutdoors.com/product/ts108s-tournament-bass-walleye-net-108/
That's a sweet net, know of anyone in the area that stocks them by chance? Might be something to add to this year's budget on top of a new probe for my x4d. As the ole saying goes "break out another thousand", if I add the cost of one of these nets, the cost of the probe and a case for the probe together I should be pretty much there 🤣🤣🤣 lol

That's a sweet net, know of anyone in the area that stocks them by chance?
I looked around for them two or three years ago and angling outfitters was listed as a dealer but they'd never heard of them when I called so I ordered mine correctly from the stowmaster website. It is a super nice and sturdy net even extended to 108" but it scares the crap out of me that I might lose it overboard. They have a sweet folding muskie net too, but they are pretty expensive

I have the RS Green Bay Net (made especially for walleye & bass) size 24" L x 20" W x 22" D with the 40"-72" telescoping handle but you can get up to 96". By far the strongest net I have ever had and zero tangles so far, even the net nightmare RRFs come out easily. The only drawback is they are heavy but should last a lifetime with their quality build. I paid $250 for mine in London directly from the RS Net dealer.

PXL_20230311_194920429.jpg

I see the OP has already purchased a net, but figured I’d share for others who may be looking to buy.

I’ve been using a frabill pro formance rubber coated net for a few years now that stows relatively small and extends to a 96” handle. The bent up hoop design makes it much easier to scoop fish compared to straight style and is light enough for the kids to use.

By far the best net I have ever used.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks