Off Topic Walleye Specific Net?

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hey guys, with my new boat it has become apparent I need a net with a longer handle for the smaller fish (Walleye) I have a great net for larger Salmon and Trout but the 100% rubber or silicone non tangle net I use for Walleye is too short. I was looking at the EGO S2 slider net, specifically this one https://www.egofishing.com/products/s2-slider-reach-large-deep-rubber-net?variant=32446276370610 but when I attempted to buy it they only ship to the USA... disappointing and usually not an issue but with the construction on the Bluewater Bridge I am avoiding crossing the border for now.

Does anyone have suggestions of good nets similar function to the one I have linked but available in Canada?
20" diameter 100% rubber/silicone 24" deep non tangle net
9' extended handle
light weight
easy to extend

I would go have a look at the selection at Angling Sports in London

I would go have a look at the selection at Angling Sports in London
I love to support local, and I do go to Angling Outfitters in Woodstock in the off season about once a month, but atm I am in the middle of my busy season, I do not have time to be driving around hoping to find something.

Have a look at Ranger nets. Good quality and price. I have a walleye size and a salmon size. Lots long enough for any boat.
I got mine from Pro Tackle in Belleville. Great service and they deliver. I had mine delivered. It came in 2 days. Check it out

I love to support local, and I do go to Angling Outfitters in Woodstock in the off season about once a month, but atm I am in the middle of my busy season, I do not have time to be driving around hoping to find something.
Call them then
I think they even have a website now to order off of
I mentioned it because they have lots of different nets last time I was there.
Good luck 👍

It’s also on Amazon if you’re tooooo busy to go to Lambeth

Some of them are on Amazon... the one I want is not, unfortunately, that would have been an easy solution. I do appreciate your time looking around for me!
If Lambeth can get them, I will call Steve in the morning.
Thanks, @Derkd9 and @GPS

I just got the two I ordered from cabelas delivered today.. I have used the lucky strikes, that expensive one the guys were talking about on here earlier but the best net I have used is a 79.99 rubber net from cabelas. Luckily they are on sale right now for half price so I ordered two.

I have that one, the rubber is great for the hooks,, awesome actually, but my handle broke. The plastic adjustment clamp to extend the handle came right out of the metal pole, I repaired mine with some PL Premium construction adhesive, seams to be still holding after a couple years.
Just give the plastic a piece a good yank now and then to make sure its still well attached to the handle. It sucks when it falls off while landing a crazy bow......

Find the basket you like and buy a painters extension pole. Most nets can be adapted to fit on one, and you just put a bolt and nylok nut through to secure the net, you’ll need to drill a hole at the end of the painters pole. It’ll be way better than any ego (my buddy bought one and it’s wrecked already.). My painters Pole setup has lasted for years!

Once you drill a hole in the white metal threaded end on those poles I feel you're netting on borrowed time. There are some metal adapters available at most paint stores and I'm sure Rona or the Depot.
Or just go and support Steve in Lambeth or the other Angling stores.

On some of the other Erie sites that I'm on they always refer to the Cummings Red White and Blue silicone nets.

Canadian Tire has a sale on Lucky-Strike nets this week. Check it out.
Unfortunately CTC only has one pure rubber net and that is the one I already have. Great net for the price. It’s lasted 2.5 seasons (more than 1200 fish landed) handles too short and bending though.

On some of the other Erie sites that I'm on they always refer to the Cummings Red White and Blue silicone nets.
I’ve looked at them. Seems like good quality but the depth of the net is only 18”. More like a basket net. Be nice if a local store had a variety of these options in stock.

Back