Walleye fishing

tim_pinnell

Looking for a good resort for good walleye fishing this late summer or early fall. Anyone have recommendations?

Mache Kino Lodge in Chapleau is awesome for walleye, pike perch and smallies. 10hr drive, but once a year it is worth it. We have had 100 walleye nights just around the point from our cottage, catching them like perch. 6.5 LB is the biggest our group has caught, but all kinds of 2-3lb ones. It is flyin house keeping, full lodge or outpost. Excellent ownership.

How far do you want to go?? French river has excellent walleye fishing if yiu know where to go. Agnew lake lodge has decent walleye fishing and only a hour west of sudbury. Chapleau area is great for fly in as well. All depends on how deep your pocket book is

Portage Bay Lodge on the Montreal river near Cobalt On. I've been going there for 40 plus years and have never been disappointed. The cabins are pretty rustic, but the fishing is top notch.

I just wondered about you guys that go north to fish walleye...is it catch and release...or do you keep your 3 measured slot size and and your one any size....I use to fish nipissing spring walleye years ago and keep 6 any size fish ...until they drastically changed the limit...so we fished quebec for a couple seasons...daily limit was 8 any size...but not for long..they adapted the slot size down to 6 dore a day

so GF and I switched over to spring lake trout in algoma area...daily limit was 3 lakers and 5 specs... then a few seasons later they took 2 lakers away and gave back 1...so the limt was 1 laker and the other one had to be measured up to 15.7 inches....forget it they can keep there lake trout...northern ontario fishin to me is becoming a catch and release fishery with an occasional shore lunch...

So like most of us on here if you like to catch and eat walleye, fish lake erie and lake st. clair

I like the remote locations of being up north . I peace and quite of having a lake almost to yourself . Wildlife scenery, you don't see any of that on Erie . We don't go north to fill the freezer . There's nothing better than shore lunch . We do troll Erie and Ontario , but I enjoy jigging up walleye for lunch and casting for pike and bass in the back of a bay .

Last edited:
I just wondered about you guys that go north to fish walleye...is it catch and release...or do you keep your 3 measured slot size and and your one any size....I use to fish nipissing spring walleye years ago and keep 6 any size fish ...until they drastically changed the limit...so we fished quebec for a couple seasons...daily limit was 8 any size...but not for long..they adapted the slot size down to 6 dore a day

so GF and I switched over to spring lake trout in algoma area...daily limit was 3 lakers and 5 specs... then a few seasons later they took 2 lakers away and gave back 1...so the limt was 1 laker and the other one had to be measured up to 15.7 inches....forget it they can keep there lake trout...northern ontario fishin to me is becoming a catch and release fishery with an occasional shore lunch...

So like most of us on here if you like to catch and eat walleye, fish lake erie and lake st. clair

In your other post you said that the walleyes taste like ass out of Erie and you are O.D.in on mercury.Now you say to get your ass out to Erie to get your walleye.I think the mercury has settled above your shoulders somewhere.

you cant read so i will spell it again...spawning walleye don't taste the greatest..you should know that.....mercury in my blood was years ago... i would say before you were even fishin there.. big mouth.. the lesser of the intelligent...lol..omg the rath of the interneters...gag

Last edited:
In your other post you said that the walleyes taste like ass out of Erie and you are O.D.in on mercury.Now you say to get your ass out to Erie to get your walleye.I think the mercury has settled above your shoulders somewhere.

Basically don't fish for spring walleye because he wants to be the only one out there fishing for spring walleye hahaha I mean because they are undesirable... *cough* o_O

you cant read so i will spell it again...spawning walleye don't taste the greatest..you should know that.....mercury in my blood was years ago... i would say before you were even fishin there.. big mouth.. the lesser of the intelligent...lol..omg the rath of the interneters...gag
Hmmmmm...spring walleye spawn or post spawn taste mighty fine to me especially from Northern waters.

I like the remote locations of being up north . I peace and quite of having a lake almost to yourself . Wildlife scenery, you don't see any of that on Erie . We don't go north to fill the freezer . There's nothing better than shore lunch . We do troll Erie and Ontario , but I enjoy jigging up walleye for lunch and casting for pike and bass in the back of a bay .
Could not agree more..nothing like bass and Muskie fishing on quite isolated waters with no boat traffic!!!

How far do you want to go?? French river has excellent walleye fishing if yiu know where to go. Agnew lake lodge has decent walleye fishing and only a hour west of sudbury. Chapleau area is great for fly in as well. All depends on how deep your pocket book is
I would agree with the French. I have been going there in summer for almost 30 years. My early walleye years on the French were brutal but now, you can get some double digit days as well as size. The only drawback is the slot and trying to get a fish for the frying pan.

And its only a 5 1/2 hour drive from St T.

WR

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks