Upsetting: cars for kids

FlyingViking

Cleaned out my fathers property and 2 cars got donated to “cars for kids” as sponsored my the Canadian government. Got my tax rebate.

I’m refreshed to see the AirTag on the GMC safari (2009) arrived in Mogadishu.

Kind of frustrated.. how is this helping Canadian kids? I should have just donated the 2 cars to the local Milton high-school shop-class

I’m a giving person but not donating anything any more unless I see where it’s going

Vent over

People will see what they want to see
Most of what is out there, including government sanctioned or supported goes to the highest bidder
Government, and more importantly the blissfully ignorant do not care how you feel about it

I will not donate to anything that is not transparent about all the financial and directorial costs policy

Its greener if we ship our garbage elsewhere according to gov policies
I can't find a way to be ok with this

it’s my ignorance. It’s not for “ Canadian kids “ or “kids” in general. It basically for “North America” and a federally funded scrap-yard with a tax credit to the donors. Absolutely gross misuse of a tax credit.

Once donated, it’s theirs to do their part to what they deem best. They do donate a percentage of proceeds to youth initiatives (won’t disclose percentage) They also can sell vehicles to others.

The commercials are misleading. Won’t donate to them again.

I will just donate locally from now on. No way I’m going to be taken advantage of again. Tax credit? Maybe this government would dig into this shit. I basically paid to give away 2 old vehicles in this scam

My anger came out wrong, in no way did I mean to imply you were ignorant.
Actually you have gone beyond to be informed. Most will make no effort these days.
I am really disgusted with government waste, and no due diligence on how/where this is going.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks