Fishing Report Trolling Port Bruce

fisherman6377

Took my nephews out today for there first trip. I figured we would speed it up a bit and play with the rainbows. We managed to put 7 rainbows in the boat and 1 walleye. Had a few more that came out of the water off the rigger and spit the hook before the rod even released. All in all it was a great day to be out and spend some time with the nephews, they are hooked now.

Wow good work out there sounds like your nephews went on the right day , the more time today's youth spend outdoors the better!!(y)

You sure hammered them today, way to go.

You are right on Jim, when I was a kid we would fight to get a ball diamond or a small flat piece of dirt to play ball everyday including sometimes in winter. Now those diamonds and ball parks have mown grass and are empty. They have been for years. I find out now that Phys Ed isn't available in some schools and it been optional for years. Man I'm getting old and out of the loop.

g For those that have young kids get the kids off the electronic devises and outside to breath fresh air.

Hey great job with your report having the nephews landing the trout!!! You forgot the details on what was the hot baits and how deep were you fishin?

I wonder why there have not been more reports of catchin good numbers of rainbows? They have been out there for weeks! It should be a good august for rainbow numbers... when the end of june first of July numbers are good you can triple that number by 3 later in August

I was out on July 7th over 2 weeks ago... landing 9 and lost 2... and thats runin 2 lines by myself...i went out wednesday fishin pics.. well they shut down early catchin only the 3 ...so i thought catch some rainbows...switched over to copper spoons and I had 3 in an hour...they were still up high with the rigger set at 22 feet...

if there spitting the hook on the knock off...make sure your lead is not to long...i ran mine at the end of the prop wash and cocked it tight...mono is so much more fun then catchin the trout on leadcore as i was on the 7th

As I said before I would rather hook into a Bow over dragging a Walleye in out here any day. I got my first one 4 years ago and now I'm hooked. Play on words get it? "I'm hooked" Maybe heat stroke has set in. Car said it was 38C in Hamilton today. Dropped 10 degrees by the time I got to Lakeshore Rd.

Yeah sorry I did forget the details. The rainbows were all up high 20-22 feet down in 56fow. Pink was the hot color for us to be exact Malibu Barbie took the walleye and 4 of the bows that we boated. Most of the fish were off the riggers. While I was out I even let people on 68 know we were getting luck in that depth and to have fun with the bows. I always like to help other catch fish if I get lucky enough to find out where they are and what they want. This is a great forum and I'm happy to be a part of it, if there is any other info anyone is looking for I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge. Best of luck and tight lines.

Double D. I was running 35-40' leads off the ball. As for speed that day I was running 3-3.2mph gps speed. Not sure about proper trolling speeds but that speed worked for me that day.

Just wondering how much of a line up there is at the Boat Ramp in Port Bruce.I usually fish through the week only,(Retired),but,doesn`t anyone work anymore?? LOL Thanks In Advance. :)

@Red Hering there are three ramps in Bruce. During the week, never a line up of more than one or two. I'm heading out in the morning from north Erie marina, with a couple of guys from work. Hoping to launch @ 7:00 am, am I fully expect no line ups.....

@Red Hering there are three ramps in Bruce. During the week, never a line up of more than one or two. I'm heading out in the morning from north Erie marina, with a couple of guys from work. Hoping to launch @ 7:00 am, am I fully expect no line ups.....
Thank-You fish4fun.I haven`t fished off Port Bruce now for 4 year`s,back then it seemed busy with Boat Traffic,but I know that there are also other ramp`s to try now.Good Luck today,& one day I will give Lake Erie another try.Tight Lines!!

Been to port Bruce 10 times this year never been in a line-up. Most there's one other boat getting in or out
Thank-You Jimmyjams,that sounds convincing,and I am looking forward to trying some of the ramp`s down in Port Bruce.Good Luck to the rest of your season.Tight Lines!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks