Transducer Travel Covers

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
What’s everyone using as a Transducer cover while trailering the boat?

I loosen it and angle it up so it's parallel to the boat. It's a bit of a pain so a cover would be easier.

I loosen it and angle it up so it's parallel to the boat. It's a bit of a pain so a cover would be easier.
I’ve seen some neoprene ones on amazon but nothing for the transducer I have.
I asked angling outfitters they said they don’t carry them.

So, are we talking about the transducer at back of hull that normally is submerged in the water? Need a cover for it? Why?

I've never used a travel cover for my transducers... didn't even know there was such a thing. LOL! Like @Caseys Dream said why?

I've never used a travel cover for my transducers... didn't even know there was such a thing. LOL! Like @Caseys Dream said why?
Sand, stones, road debris etc can damage them while trailering. Some of these things are $1000+ now so it may be a good idea although I have never used one. Now that @Derkd9 brought it up I'm bound to get smoked....prick.

Sand, stones, road debris etc can damage them while trailering. Some of these things are $1000+ now so it may be a good idea although I have never used one. Now that @Derkd9 brought it up I'm bound to get smoked....prick.
Sorry
I figure now that I have I half decent unit on my boat it’s going to get dinged so I wanted to get a cover for it lol

I just use one of those white ankle-socks you wear for summertime shoes. Put an elastic band tightly wrapped around the neck of the Transducer and your good to go! I do this for mine during winter-storage. Might have to try this Trailering also. Hopes this helps. Just don't forget to take it off when you arrive at the Launch!

Lost my transducer a number of years ago to a “re-tread” on the highway. The tire-chunk ripped it clean off the back of the boat.

Shoot, now that you mention it. I will come up with something..: don’t need that to happen with the new unit…

I flip mine up against the transom during trips up north for the gravel logging roads. Guess neoprene might help with the small stuff. Lens mill sell neoprene in various thicknesses? I have an industrial machine if that helps.

Lost my transducer a number of years ago to a “re-tread” on the highway. The tire-chunk ripped it clean off the back of the boat.

Shoot, now that you mention it. I will come up with something..: don’t need that to happen with the new unit…

Not sure a neoprene cover would have saved it from a flying retread. Sometimes luck is just bad.

I use a piece of pool noodle cut to length (i have the long thin 3 in 1 Lowrance ducker). Slit it down the middle like a hot dog bun, wrap it around the ducer (closed end over the business side of the ducer) and then wrap the whole thing with electric tape to keep it tight and held on. To be honest though I only do this for long trips.

I use a piece of pool noodle cut to length (i have the long thin 3 in 1 Lowrance ducker). Slit it down the middle like a hot dog bun, wrap it around the ducer (closed end over the business side of the ducer) and then wrap the whole thing with electric tape to keep it tight and held on. To be honest though I only do this for long trips.
That’s a great idea thank you

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks